Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liseu666 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My setup is MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max, Ryzen 7 1700X and PSU Chieftec Power Smart Series GPS-1350C. I have a kit of Flare X 3200 8GBx2 CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GFX). They work fine but only at 2133 Mhz - whe I try to turn on XMP profile system can't boot. I tried 2 XMP profiles and also manual settings. RAM sticks are in correct slots (2 and 4 from cpu). BIOS was updated to latest possible version. Problem still remains on single stick or in different slots. Also a little bit higher voltage (1.4 V) don't make any change. What else can I do with that?.. My mobo is on supported list for those RAM.
    The problem is that your having is due to the cheap motherboard. I suggest an X570 board which will work much better but you will want a 3000 series processor to really get the performance up.
    Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
    G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
    EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
    Asus PA238QR

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      You can use a stress test to see if you can force instability to make it quicker. Once you find what can make the system unstable consistently, you can use that as a test.

32GB is recommended because the set is matched and tested from factory. Two separate kits you will need to do the testing to see what they can do together in a system.
      On my previous system (made in 2010), i've just bought 2 dual channel kits and it worked fine for 10 years. Maybe i was just luck, maybe thing has changed in the past 10 years, but it seems you are right. Having 2 dual channel kits is not 100% that they will work together. Probably, this is the reason that in the MB's QVL, the producer tested memory for 1, 2 and 4 socket support.
      Yesterday the system crashed again with all 4 DIMMS and no XMP, I've removed one kit, activated XMP on the remaining one. It worked for 4 hours. I'll keep this configuration for a while until i can buy other memories and sell these. One question i have. If i choose a kit that is on MB QVL as compatible with 4 sockets, i see that it is sold as "quad channel". Will it work knowing that AMD Ryzen 9 is dual channel? Thanks.

Comment

1, 2, and 4 socket support is also because motherboard and CPU capabilities are much different with 1, 2, and 4 modules. Double the amount of modules / load each level so maximum results would surely be different.

We recommend following the G.Skill QVL or RAM Configurator. We test for XMP Profile and that is what you pay for.

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...del=1562637502

Quad channel memory kit means there are 4 modules in a kit that have been matched and tested to work together at the rated specifications.

It can work fine with dual channel, the system would recognize as two dual channels.

Comment

Thanks.
          PS: Still working fine after one day, with only one dual kit and XMP active.

Comment

Late info, middle of March, i got a "training memory at socket..." error. Sent one of the kit back to retailer, i got my money back because it was defective.
            Since then, i'm running the remaining kit with XMP active without issues. So it wasn't the usage of two dual channel the issue. Not a pleasant experience for the first time in 27 years when i decide to change the memory brand for my new system.

Comment

Working...
            X