Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Flare X XMP profile

Hello everyone,

My setup is MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max, Ryzen 7 1700X and PSU Chieftec Power Smart Series GPS-1350C. I have a kit of Flare X 3200 8GBx2 CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GFX). They work fine but only at 2133 Mhz - whe I try to turn on XMP profile system can't boot. I tried 2 XMP profiles and also manual settings. RAM sticks are in correct slots (2 and 4 from cpu). BIOS was updated to latest possible version. Problem still remains on single stick or in different slots. Also a little bit higher voltage (1.4 V) don't make any change. What else can I do with that?.. My mobo is on supported list for those RAM.

Have you tried DDR4-3066 or 2933?

Comment

Yes, I tried. Any frequency othaer than 2133 didn't work. RAM is not damaged - was test with 3 different mem tests.

Comment

I got the same issue. every time i enable the XMP profile it either stucks on restart or if it boots ok, less than 10 minuts it BSOD.
        Memory tests came up clean, all parts were changed to check problems on the hardware but nothing came out as damaged or not working ok. All this happens with XMP enabled, without it the computer simply works flawlessly.
        Any ideas on how can i resolve this issue, since Ryzen 3rd gen processors are RAM addicted i would like to use the best i could on this setup of mine but this way i can't.

My setup:
        450 Tomahawk (non MAX)
        Ryzen 5 3600
        RAM G.SKILL Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL14 F4-3200C14D-16GFX
        MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
        Corsair CX650M Semi Modular CP-9020103-EU
        Wifi TP-Link PCI Express Dual Band AC1300 Archer T6E Archer T6E
        Case ATX Phanteks Eclipse P350X Tempered Glass PH-EC350PTG_DBW.

Comment

A single module on it's own is unable to perform over DDR4-2133?

Hard reset BIOS and try again. Shut down the system, remove power from PSU, remove battery on motherboard, wait a minute or press the power button, then reinstall everything to power up and retest. Doesn't make sense that nothing works at all.

Can you post screen shots of CPUz SPD and memory tab?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            A single module on it's own is unable to perform over DDR4-2133?

Hard reset BIOS and try again. Shut down the system, remove power from PSU, remove battery on motherboard, wait a minute or press the power button, then reinstall everything to power up and retest. Doesn't make sense that nothing works at all.

Can you post screen shots of CPUz SPD and memory tab?
            I already tried to use as single module and boost it with XMP, i hard resetted the BIOS, rebuild the entire machine thinking it could be some kind of short circuit or bad contact with the case and still the problem maintains, the XMP mode is unstable and the RAM (G.SKILL Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL14 F4-3200C14D-16GFX) is unable to maintain the system running stable.

Comment

In my case clearing CMOS solved problem - disconnect from motherboard all PSU cables and remove battery from motherboard, wait ~ 60 sec and put in battery, connect power cables and it should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Liseu666 View Post
                In my case clearing CMOS solved problem - disconnect from motherboard all PSU cables and remove battery from motherboard, wait ~ 60 sec and put in battery, connect power cables and it should work fine.
                In my case it worked too, but only to make the system boot normally. The problem is that i am not eaven usinng the XMP profile, my RAM sticks at 2400Mhz instead of the 3200Mhz that i would like it to be with the XMP profile. Having a R5 3600 it is a "must have" specially in a B450 Tomahawk (Non MAX) mobo, it should post normally but it doesn't!

Comment

So you are saying both modules tested individually can only reach DDR4-2400? That's awfully consistent but if you feel it is a problem with RAM you are welcome to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better.

https://www.gskill.com/rma

If possible, take a look at SPD and Memory tab of CPUz to confirm what's going on.

Comment

The R7 1700X is rated DDR4-2667 max memory speed. Anything faster probably will not work.
                    Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
                    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
                    AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
                    G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
                    EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
                    Asus PA238QR

Comment

There's many of 1st gen Ryzen that will work with faster RAM. My R7 work fine now with 3200 RAM

Comment

I have same issue with 4 pairs of F4-3200C14-8GFX (2 x dual 2x8 = 32GB). The system is very unstable when activating XMP.
                        The system is working for some days then it start to fail.
                        First time the system didn't start. All the fans were working but i got no video. Luckily, the motherboard has dedicated LEDs that tell you what's wrong.
                        Second time the system was stuck on the first screen, nothing working, i was not able to enter in BIOS.
                        Also i got errors and BSOD in windows 10. Those were fixed by the latest version of BIOS.
                        Currently, the XMP is deactivated, the memory is running at 2400 instead 3200, system is stable.

My system:
                        CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, stock cooler
                        MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, BIOS version: F11 (latest)
                        Video: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB
                        Power: Corsair 750W

Before buying the memory i used GSkill configurator which says that the memories are compatible with the MB
                        Tried on auto profile, but also on manual with all the parameters configured based on the memory specifications.
                        No luck, system will fail to boot, the only way to make it work is to remove all 4 DIMMs, put only one or two on slots A2 / B2 (recommended slots for dual mode), enter on BIOS, disable XMP, shut down, and add the other pair on A1 and B1. Then the system is working just fine.

Here are the screen shots from CPU-Z:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-02-28 231309.png Views:	0 Size:	24.1 KB ID:	163888Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2020-02-28 231335.png Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	163889

Can someone help me understand what's wrong? Are the memories not compatible with my new system? Did i get defective ones?
                        I've run memory tests (the ones integrated in windows 10), no errors. The system is unstable with 2 DIMMS and also with 4. So is not like having all 4 DIMMS in use, is the root cause...
                        Last edited by rowwt; 02-28-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

That's not a 32GB kit so they are not designed to work together.

Does each module work with XMP enabled?

For full slots, manually lower DRAM Frequency to see what can boot properly.

Comment

But I have two kits of 16 GB. That means i have identical memory in each DIMM pair (A1&B1, A2&B2), and same memory type, overall, on all 4 DIMMS.
                            I will try to run with only one pair at a time, with XMP activated, and return with news.
                            This will take time, because the issues doesn't usually occurs just after activation. It works some days before, suddenly, it doesn't work anymore.

PS: Do you recommend me to get a kit of 32 GB instead?

Comment

You can use a stress test to see if you can force instability to make it quicker. Once you find what can make the system unstable consistently, you can use that as a test.

32GB is recommended because the set is matched and tested from factory. Two separate kits you will need to do the testing to see what they can do together in a system.

Comment

Working...
                              X