Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 3000 + F4-3600C15D-16GTZ CL15 D-Die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 3000 + F4-3600C15D-16GTZ CL15 D-Die?

Hi All,

I did a bit of searching online for the compatibility of the G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ memory (3600 Mhz CL15 XMP). There were some user that indicated that these memories would be great for Ryzen thanks to its CL15 timing.

I successfully set the XMP profile in bios and have not any problems with this. However it seems that the timings are as follows: 16-15-15-35-85-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)

Why can't I set the CL to 15? Why is it stuck on 16?

These are Samsung D-Die and according to Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.6.2 these memories are "not supported"- I get an error message when trying to perform the calculation. So I cannot get a good suggestion of OC frequency and timing for these?

I have been searching a lot for the compatibility of D-Die with Ryzen 3000 but there is not much info on google for this combination.

Do you think I am better of getting a set of B-die CL16 instead (E.g. F4-3600C16D-16GTZR)? Or is the timings anyway better as stated above?

EDIT: Link to CPU-Z info - https://valid.x86.fr/ebicv7
    Last edited by Miller2000; 12-06-2019, 10:13 AM.

What you have is great so there should not be a need to change. May need to adjust Gear Down Mode setting in BIOS to allow for CL15.

Comment

HI. Thanks for your response. I've run a few benchmarks and do not get very satisfactory results for a pair of 3600mhz CL15 with this processor. It seems it is under performing. Any test/benchmark I can run to give you a good comparison?

Also, I will try to look for the Gear Down Mode right now... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        What you have is great so there should not be a need to change. May need to adjust Gear Down Mode setting in BIOS to allow for CL15.
        Gear down mode did not resolve anything. Still at CL15. Any other actions to take?

Comment

Not the most impressive results...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Memory.JPG
Views:	814
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	163278

Comment

Another benchmark. I am getting very bad latency results. Should I be entering the values manually instead of XMP that I am using today? Would this change anything?

Comment

Check to see if motherboard is detecting correct values for XMP. If not, you can try manual setting values to see if it can perform better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                Check to see if motherboard is detecting correct values for XMP. If not, you can try manual setting values to see if it can perform better.
                OK. Can you please support with the correct values so that I can compare?

XMP is setting the correct frequency, 3600mhz and timings except for CL.

Comment

When Gear Down Modei is disabled you should be able to set a CAS latency of 15 (platform limitation).

If your system can't post DDR4-3600 with Gear Down Mode disabled, it might be easier to incease Vdimm a bit and go with CL14 instead.
                  Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
                  X