Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

f4-3600c16d-32gtznc / Ryzen 3950X / Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f4-3600c16d-32gtznc / Ryzen 3950X / Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) Issues

I just put together an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X build with 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz 16-19-19-39 modules on an Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi).

MemTest86 is consistently giving errors at the same starting Memory Address of 7641MB and usually CPU 24, but sometimes CPU 23. This is even at stock 2133 MHz or XMP Profile for 3600 MHz,

I tried both sticks individually and one stick did give an error on the same CPU 24, but only able to produce it once, very difficult to produce, took many tries, so with how difficult it is to produce on the one stick i am not certain the other stick is truly good or i just haven't tried for long enough to produce an error. I have no idea right now if it's the CPU, Motherboard or Ram.

----

Read here, and also the additional forums posted

https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...herboard-issue

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

If a module reports errors with default settings, feel free to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement kit works better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post

If a module reports errors with default settings, feel free to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement kit works better.
      yes, used BIOS Flashback before even installing the CPU for that,

did you note that the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz memory is passing the MemTest at both 2133 and 3000 (XMP)

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post

i did submit a RMA over the weekend, still no response though

Comment

Working...
        X