Conflicting Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting Information

I used the G.Skill RAM Configurator to find compatible memory for an upcoming build using an Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II motherboard. I want 32GB, 16x2.

The Configurator came back with a few options including the Trident Z Neo F4-2666C18D-16GTZN. However, when I go to the page for that particular memory it says "Engineered and optimized for full compatibility on the latest AMD Ryzen 3000 series processors on AMD X570 chipset motherboards."

So, is it for AMD motherboards or will it work fine in the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II (Intel chip)??

Also, I have no interest in RGB. Is it possible to permanently turn off the RGB on the Trident Z Neo?

Thanks
    Peter

They were designed for AMD platforms, but have also been tested for compatibility with Intel motherboards in addition to that. So if they are listed as compatible with your motherboard you can use them no problem.

You need Trident Z Lighting Control or some other compatible software to disable the LEDs, they will light up on POST and get disabled once Windows loads and the required background services are started. If you don't care about RGB, maybe get a Ripjaws V variant instead.

If you plan on using a Skylake X based procesor I strongly recommend a quad channel kit 4x8GB over 2x16GB, otherwise you'd sacrifice 50% memory bandwidth. That is probably also the main reason, why only very few dual kits are listed for in the RAM configurator results.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X