Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezes & BSODs with Trident Z RGB 4266 4x8

Hello!
    I'm having issues with my Trident Z RGB 4266 4x8 (F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR) when I turn on the XMP profile in BIOS. Memtest fails.

Is there any idea on how to fix it?
    Case: NZXT H700i
    CPU: Core i9-9900k
    CPU cooling: Corsair H150i
    RAM: Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266 mhz (4x8gb)
    MB: MSI Meg Z390 Godlike
    PSU: Corsair AX 1000
    SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 Evo plus 250gb (nvme, OS)
    M.2 Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB (nvme)
    M.2 Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB (nvme)
    SHDD: 2x2tb Seagate Firecuda
    GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080

I would really appreciate any guide on how to fix the issue.
    Please let me know if any info is missing.
    Last edited by petrdzb; 05-06-2019, 06:26 PM.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Can each module reach 4266? 4000? lower? See if they are consistent

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS? Can each module reach 4266? 4000? lower? See if they are consistent
      Thanks for your reply.
      BIOS is the latest.
      I haven't tried them one by one as the XMP profile is not active when only one stick is plugged in.
      maybe you can share the proper settings I should use in the BIOS, so I'll try it today (1 stick, 2 sticks, 4 sticks)
      4000 works with the default timings of MSI Memtry it.

Comment

You can use XMP Profile, then manually lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work.

Comment

You can use XMP Profile, then manually lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work.
          Thanks!
          I have 2 questions:
          1. How do I enable XMP profile using not full set of sticks & how do I manually lower the DRAM frequency?
          2. Since
          F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR has my mobo on the QVL list, there should have been some tests. Can you please advise the BIOS version that was tested? (I'll test on that BIOS as well)

Comment

Please check the attached files (ZIP) for better understanding of the system (AIDA64 Hardware report, MSINFO report & memtest falis), maybe they can help.
            Timings for the 3866 (which I'm currently running are the same as XMP), seem to be stable. (CPUZ Screenshots)

please let me know what you think
            Attached Files
            Last edited by petrdzb; 05-09-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

1. XMP is same in any case; it can be enabled in BIOS. In the same area, there is an option for DRAM Frequency, you can manually change this while maintaining other settings such as timings and Voltage.

2. Latest BIOS should have all the necessary updates.

Since DDR4-3866 works, check the VCCSA Voltage, manually set it, then scale up along with DRAM Frequency to see if you have stabilize DDR4-4000+

Another method is to try each stick to see if they can reach higher. Doing so reduces some load since it is single module, but the result can give you a better idea of what the system is capable of.

Comment

Working...
              X