Trident Z will not post past 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z will not post past 2133

Running F4-4400C19D-16GTZKK X 4 @ 32GB on an MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC with an I7 7820x. Can't seem to get it to successfully post past the default timings at 2133 Mhz. XMP doesn't work even if I just simply turn it on and leave settings at default. Any thoughts?

F4-4400C19D-16GTZKK is a model for Kaby Lake-X and Coffee Lake-S procesors. Sandy Bridge-X can't handle memory frequencies that high.

Try enabling the XMP and then reducing the memory ratio step by step until the system does POST and is stable. If you can't get anywhere with that, check if you are using the memory slots recommended in the MB manual and try it again with either kit installed by itself.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      F4-4400C19D-16GTZKK is a model for Kaby Lake-X and Coffee Lake-S procesors. Sandy Bridge-X can't handle memory frequencies that high.

Try enabling the XMP and then reducing the memory ratio step by step until the system does POST and is stable. If you can't get anywhere with that, check if you are using the memory slots recommended in the MB manual and try it again with either kit installed by itself.
      Thanks for the help. However, I was under the impression the 7820x was a Skylake processor, not a Sandy Bridge. I'm using the manufacturers recommended channels. I'll give a try to stepping down the ratios. I read somewhere that the limitations of the chipset and cpu are such that until I get an I9 I shouldn't use any of the channels to the left of the processor. I'll see if I can find the article somewhere.
      Last edited by Landomatic; 03-05-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post

I was able to get them stable at 3600 Mhz. Weird as it may sound, the MSI monitoring software reports the 'adjusted clock speed' at 4799 Mhz despite the bios and everyother source showing 3600. I also verified that until I get into the I9 this generation of CPUs will only run 4 Channels of RAM as opposed to using all 8 available on the motherboard. Thanks for your help and time.

Lando
        Last edited by Landomatic; 03-10-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X