Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL
    replied
    At the moment, we can only recommend Flare X and FORTIS series for the AMD Ryzen platform. Other series have been tested on the Intel platforms, and we're still working with AMD on memory compatibility.

1. We're not sure which kit ASRock had for testing, but that particular way of writing the model number is the info from the SPD, where it would list the model for that specific module without the "D" or "Q" designation for the kit module-quantity. Based on their website, we're guessing it to be the 8GBx2 kit, but we can't confirm that. You might want to ask ASRock directly.
    2. Unfortunately, we can only say that only Flare X and FORTIS will work on Ryzen platforms at the moment. Other memory kit series aren't guaranteed right now.
    3 & 4. If you use high speed memory (like 2800+MHz) on a Ryzen system, and there's issues, you can always drop it down to 2133MHz and there shouldn't be any problems. Typically, on first boot when the BIOS isn't set for any particular memory settings, the motherboard BIOS will automatically use the default SPD speed, which is usually programmed at DDR4-2133MHz. So as long as you Clear CMOS and not use XMP, then it would boot using the 2133MHz speed.

We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Leave a comment:

• Liclac
    started a topic Trident Z RGB AM4 Compatibility

Trident Z RGB AM4 Compatibility

Greetings,

I guess everyone already knows that AM4 Ryzen has memory compatibility issues at the moment. I'm sure board makers are working very hard to fix the issue.

Due to that issues, I am very concern and worry about the memory compatibility issues.
    Soon I'll build my first desktop PC with 1700X and Asrock X370 Taichi.

My RAM choice goes to Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (2x8GB)
    Here's the motherboard QVL
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370%20Taichi/#Memory

Trident Z RGB 3200 is indeed listed in QVL, but with F4-3200C16-8GTZR serial number.

1. Are those RAM identical each other? I couldn't find that serial number in QVL anywhere in google or G.Skill website.
    2. Will those RAM work fine with Ryzen, especially this particular board? I am so afraid of the possibility that it won't give me a POST at all.
    3. Higher memory speed seems to have issues with Ryzen. If I just leave the RAM running at stock speed (2133 or 2400), will it work just fine? (I'll ignore XMP profile).
    4. Do I need to tweak the RAM at first boot? Or the motherboard will automatically downclock the RAM to its default speed?

I do understand this issues will be fixed in the near future, so I'm fine with 2400 or 2133 for now.
    I'm a newbie in OC and RAM tweaking. Your technical support and expertise is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Regards
Working...
X