Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ New Color Variants Possibility of Mix-matching Kits

Hi guys!

I know mix-matching memory kits is hard a topic and is a very touchy subject.

But I was hoping to run a Asus X99-A II and run the memory Quad Channel with the new TridentZ color variants with a weird twist.

I wanna mixmatch two variants of Dual Channel DDR4 TridentZ kits color schemes (White and Red) and run them Quad Channel on mysetup

I hear its possible as long as the timings and speed are identical. But with so many variant versions. I seeking for help here in the community that i presume knows best about G.skill memory

Here are my candidates so far:
    Red TridentZ: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-929-_-Product
    White TridentZ: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-391-_-Product

Please do suggest if you have better pairs of dual channel kits in mind but i'm really hoping itll be possible with the new TridentZ colors.

Thank you!

Give it a shot

50/50, let's roll

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Give it a shot

50/50, let's roll
      Hey GSKILL TECH! Thanks for the response

Unfortunately i don't have the luxury for a 50/50 roll Hahah cause 1 it will involve a lot of cash and 2nd because i'll be having the kits shipped from the US.

Maybe GSKILL has a service they can render to their customers to have kits tested out on similar system environment before purchasing?

If so could anyone point me to the direction.

Also would you guys know any other TridentZ kit pairings which may have lessen risk for failure?

Thank you!

Comment

I see, definitely more complicated if you are not in the US.

The two kits mentioned are already the lowest risk, the only problem is we did not test whichever two kits you may get, so there are no real guarantees. So they can either work flawlessly at full speed, or work but not at full speed, or in some rare cases not work at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=GSKILL TECH;79627 So they can either work flawlessly at full speed, or work but not at full speed, or in some rare cases not work at all.[/QUOTE]

In the event that they do not function as expected, could i send 1 of the 2 pairs for replacement with a compatible pair? Or better yet send back both betters in replacement for a quad channel tested kit variant of the TridentZ?

Comment

Working...
          X