Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memory BW drops w/tight tertiary timings TridentX F3-2666C12-8GTXD on Asrock Z97 Pro4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory BW drops w/tight tertiary timings TridentX F3-2666C12-8GTXD on Asrock Z97 Pro4

I have been trying to improve the memory bandwidth of my TridentX F3-2666C12-8GTXD, two 8 GB sticks. So far I have got them to 11-13-12-30-1-270-7-16-8-8-28 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS-CR-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP-FAW) at 1.74 volts and SA at +.250. I have also tightened the tertiary timings. It seems like if I tighten the tertiary timings too much bandwidth suffers, but the latency still goes down. Latency going down is great, but bandwidth going down also is not good. Stability is good just do not understand why tight tertiary timings don’t equate to high bandwidth and low latency.

A screenshot of ASRock Timing Configurator and Aida Memory Benchmark would be helpful. Tightening which tertiary timing results in the drop of bandwidth?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

RDWR, RDWRDR, RDWRDD all were at 15 now 16 and WRRDDD, WRWRDR, WRWRDD all were on 5 now 6. I have never been able to get the ASRock Timing Configurator to work right. MemTweakIt works though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MemTweakIt.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	164361

Name:	AIDA64.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	164360

Comment

Could be your board failing to properly train the RTL/IOL with the reduced timings. You have to test that step by step. ATC shows the RTL/IOL on its main page, with MemTweakIt they are on a separate tab (#4 if I remember correctly).
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I have not messed with RTL/IOL, just letting them train on their own. I went ahead and set them to what you see in the pics and it did not seem make much of a difference. How low can I set RTL do you think? IOL is so low I'm leaving it alone for now. I normally test with Prime64 custom memory settings for 8-12 hours when I make changes.

Name:	RTL.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	164364Click image for larger version

Name:	AIDA64.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	164365

Comment

Prime64 custom memory test settings.