Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P5G41T-M LX + Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM... Impossible job to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5G41T-M LX + Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM... Impossible job to do!

Hi there.

I made a HTPC 2 years ago and in the time I was a little dump and I din't check any compatibility with MB and RAM. I finished with this configuration:

Intel E6600
    Asus P5G41T-M LX BIOS
    Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM

2 Years ago when I got the computer I needed to fight a lot to made it work, just in default it's was not even turning on. Sometimes I need to reset a few times until the computer started, and when it started I tried to make some changes in the BIOS, after a lot of hours I stabilized the computer and I could install Windows without any corruption. After that it was connected to the TV and seemed to work fine until this week when I needed to use it as main computer and I copied one installer trought the network this one arrived corrupted.

So yesterday I pass a memtest and a few errors appeared, and I tried to fix it with not a good result; if I reduced the FSB the computer start to freeze or to made thousands of erros in memtest and with overclock, as I leaved the last time, is working fine but in memtest still do a few errors.

I leave some capture of CPU-Z and Speedfan from today:
    (Working fine but with a few erros in memtest)

CPU image, Memos image, SPD image, Temp

Today I realice the problem, I can not set the command rate to 2 in the BIOS when the BIOS have the timmings manually, and the MB set it to 1 by default, if I set the mems to be configured by SPD the motherboard still keep CR to 1 in any FSB I tried to use.

I will like to know if with a RMA will be solve this problem, using the new par to be set by SPD. If not I will apreciate a "work around" to try to make these memos work at 1T in some way, because it's impossible to set correctly in 2t at the moment.

Any additional information needed, I will provided with pleasure.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for any help provided

TwIsT
    Last edited by TwIsT; 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM.

Test one stick at a time to see if they can pass with the same settings as pictured. Sounds like it may be a bad stick, so RMA and that should fix the problem.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X