F3-2133C9d-16GXH + ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + AMD FX-8120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9d-16GXH + ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + AMD FX-8120

Ok, let's begin with I've never really even tried OC'ing before. I'm wondering how I can get the best performance out of this memory or at least get it to run at 2133. Right now I have them running at 1866 with everything set to Auto on the bios settings. Oh, and I plan to have 2 pairs of sticks of these. Well, I did but 1 was faulty so I have to RMA it back to Gskill. At the moment I'm only running 2 sticks.

Here's a screen shot of CPU-Z just in case.
    Last edited by SweetTasteBuds; 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM.

Adjust DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage, boost CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize the CPU memory controller for DDR3-2133.

It will be more difficult to stabilize full slots of DDR3-2133, if even possible.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sweet, Thanks You! I got it to work and my system appears stable. I set the DRAM frequency, timings and voltage as shown on the memory and boosted the CPU-NB voltage to 1.4v and works fine. I'll post any updates if anything happens.

Comment

Glad to hear it, is this with the 2 sticks or with all 4? Keep us updated!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This is with only 2 sticks atm. I'm still in the process of RMA'ing my faulty stick. So far still no problems.

Comment

Glad to hear, let us know when you get the others back

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2720295

So, I'm fairly new to the concept of memory O.C. and I have the choice in my BIOS of XMP #0 or XMP #1 and xmp 0 is ddr3-2134 and xmp 1 is ddr3-2133.

The system has been stable at 1.60v (via XMP) but I don't think all these numbers add up right. Is my AM3+ CPU choking my RAM?

Am I doing this correctly?

BTW my proc is different than his. FX-8350

Hope this is in the right place.
              Last edited by sw33tp34; 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM. Reason: i forgot a
              ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
              AMD FX-8350
              32 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133

Comment

To a degree, yes. AMD doesn't have as strong a MC (Memory Controller) as does INtel, and they are primarily aimed at 2 stick setups. The FX line (your 8350) as far as freq goes are rated UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL, (so actually you are an exception, in running 32GB of 2133)....The problem with this, is that as higher freqs and highewr amounts of DRAM are used performance tails off i.e. if you drop to 2 sticks the performance should pick up from current, though then you don't have 32GB...you can see some other MaxxMem scores here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10545

The first couple of scores are 2133 sets, but using far less DRAM than you have. I've got that same set on a 2500K, this is it at a moderate OC of 4.6

Click image for larger version

Name:	9-10-10-30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	128567

Tman

Comment

Okay! Thanks for the info. Using the 2133 xmp profile instead of the 2134 xmp profile was the right choice?

Are there any other things I should try to tweak?

I came up from a 2008 core 2 duo and this machine is a huge step up.

The only memory settings i used at all in my uefi were to set the xmp profile and disable the ECC.

I can run the longest RAM previews now, and am loving the RAM just looking for some tips.
                  AMD FX-8350

Comment

If I dropped the speed could I tighten the timings? Would that benefit me much?

I'm not very concerned with it, just trying to learn from the pros. Did a bit of research. The current config stayed stable through a few hours of stress testing.
                    AMD FX-8350

Comment

Could try 1866, think I'd start at 9-10-10-30 then if that is stable (run MaxxMem or winsat (START _ ACCESSORIES- Put cursor on COMMAND PROMPT, select RUN AS ADMINISTARTOR - then at the prompt enter winsat mem ) could try dropping to 8-10-10-30.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X