Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL or 16GBZL for Asrock z77 Extream 4

Hi

I just purchased an AsRock z77 extreme 4 mob and ordered some ripjawsz ram however the shop gave me ripjawsx should I get the X or Z series ram? and why?.

Regards
    Last edited by mat; 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM.

Actually the X series is more oriented to the 1155 socket mobo you have and is a slightly better choice, the Z series was designed towards the 2011 socket and X79 chipset

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks TMAN, just what I needed to know.

So there is no advantage in changing it over to the 16BGZL and they have actually provided me with the correct RAM for my MOBO chipset. Is there any difference in XMP support?

Comment

Both have profiles for both XMP 1.2 and XMP 1.3, at the moment I'm 32 GB of the x series (2133/CL9 at 2400), may want to check the BIOS on the mobo, currently ver 1.6 is the best, they go up through 2.0 but the support for DRAM isn't real good, they lost all the gains they made going through 1.6 and seemed to have reverted back to settings from 1.2 in the latest

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Looks like I will stick with the memory they have supplied.

Cheers. Time to get building

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

PC Build went well but looks like the PC won't boot wiith all four sticks installed, seems to be one particular faulty module of RAM.

Comment

Have you tried each individually? Check your BIOS they go up through ver 2.0 but 1.6 is the best of those I've tested. Should be able to install the sticks enable XMP and go from there. If all boot OK by themselves, might try 4-5 passes of Memtest on each stick

Tman

Comment

I tried different combo's but as soon as this particular module is in any slot it always stops the machine from posting. What's the warranty process do I have to return all 4 modules or just the faulty one?

Comment

I believe you can go either way, if within the return period of your e/re-tailer, an exchange may be fastest, else contact GSkill at rma@gskill.com

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X