4 Stick F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Compatibility with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Stick F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR Compatibility with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I currently have the F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR kit (2x4GB) installed on my Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. The XMP profile for DDR3 1866 is working well. I'm using BIOS version F12 and Windows 7 x64.

I would like to double the RAM to 16GB total memory, and am wondering whether I can just buy the same kit again and expect all 4 sticks to run at DDR3 1866? This seems equivalent to F3-14900CL9Q-16GBSR, but I don't see the Z68X-UD3H-B3 listed as a compatible motherboard. Were there problems testing this configuration?

Other specs:
    Intel 2500K at stock speed
    EVGA nVidia Geforce 560 Ti
    XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W Power Supply
    Last edited by mdmower; 07-23-2012, 10:10 PM.

There's no guarantee that the two sets will play together, but I've had good luck mixing with the Snipers, can normally make minor voltage adjustments to get them to play if there is a problem.....if you try and have a problem give me a shout, I'm out here everyday

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I'm just waiting for the right price and then I'll be sure to report results.

Comment

We'll be here, hopefully no help will be needed, but if so, we're here

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I ended up finding a 16GB Ares kit (2x 8GB) at Newegg for only $100, so I'm going that route instead. Still, thank you for your support; sorry, I wont be able to update this thread with a success/failure notice.

Comment

You can still let us know how you like the Ares, good sticks!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X