Asus Z9PE-D8 WS F3-1700CL11Q2-64GZLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Z9PE-D8 WS F3-1700CL11Q2-64GZLD

I need help setting the bios to get his ram to run at 2133. When everything is set to auto it runs at 1600. If I set it to force 2133 it will not post. Not sure how to get this ram to cooperate. I have messed around with the timings but it is not stable. I bought this ram because it was on the approved/tested ram for this motherboard so I am fairly confident that it will work as long as all the settings are correct. I need exact settings for this motherboard please. I will try to list all the pertinent information below. Let me know if you need more. Thanks
    MB Asus Z9PE-D8 bios version 0503
    Ram F3-1700CL11Q2-64GZLD DR3-2133 8x8
    CPU Intel E5-2660 (two on the board)
    PSU 1200 watt

Have you tried enabling XMP? On this not sure what to tell you, haven't worked with one of these mobos, my first thought would be that since 2133 is the max it will run, then it prob will require a huge OC to run at 2133, and would also guess if they tested with the set, it was test at 1333 or 1600, you show a pair of Xeon CPUs which aren't really known for running fast DRAM (generally more comfortable around 1333/1600). Might take a look at this thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

It's a rather common misconception that if a mobo advertises it can run fast DRAM then that's all you need to know, when generally to run the fastest DRAM shown you need the most powerful CPU available for that socket, since in almost all cases these days the MC is in the CPU, and even then, if a mobo can handle 64GB at it's highest freq it may only be able to run 32GB (AMD is the best example of this, in many cases with high freq DRAM AMD CPUs can only run 1 stick per channel or two sticks total.

Maybe someone in the forums has some experience with your mobo and might be able to help, in the meantime I'll contact GSkill Tech and GSkill Support and see if they can take a look Monday or so when they get to work

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I understand what you are saying about the overclock situation. Unfortunately I believe the Xenon processors are locked to only 5% overclock. They are liquid cooled so that should not be a problem. So what ever information you can get for me would be great.
      This motherboard is obviously a server board. I guess I expected that when it was on the QVL it was tested at that speed. And rechecking the list I notice that it was in an overclock situation. This chip set is not x79 but a LGA 2011/C602. Not really sure if that makes much of difference.
      As for XMP, if you mean that everything is set to auto then yes I have tried that. On this bios there is no direct setting that says XMP although it says that it works with XMP. So I guess I need to tweak this memory to run as stable as possible. Hopefully we can do little to squeeze some more out of it.
      With that being said, when I tried to run the Windows Experience Index I ran into a problem. When it started the test for the ram it indicated that it could not test the ram because of an issue with the ram but it did not indicate what the problem was. I am now running memtest as we speak and it is not showing any issues at 57% but we will see. Any ideas about that?

BTW I saw that you are in Tucson. So am I.

Thanks!

Comment

Then you've been enjoying the weather also, went up to Phoenix yesterday to hit Fry's electronics, Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops, and we caught the little Haboob coming back yesterday afternoon - big winds and really thick dust, lot's of people pulling to the side of the road, thankfully it went through fast. I dropped a line to the GSkill folks, they are normally Mon-Fri and hit the forums after catchup on phone and email support, one of the guys I work with may drop in later tonight so might check in off and on

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea the rain tonight nearly flooded my garage. Hopefully the haboob wasn't a bad a last time. You named the three best reasons to drive to Phoenix. That's the same circuit I did last time I went up. Great minds think a like. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Comment

Wish I could help more, but I quit messing with Xeon and server mobos a few years back, I'm independent and generally most of the calls I get for higher end workstations and servers are easily accomplished with mainstream desktop components. A guy that used to work for me has a shop down in FL and does a lot of higher end server/Xeon work, I'll drop him a line also and see if he can provide any input

Tman

Comment

Hi,

this mobo should be able to support 2133Mhz as well, as the ASUS QVL mentioned.
              However, we don't have this motherboard but you still can try with the following set-up.
              1. re-install the RAM with different slots
              2. enable XMP
              3. raising the VCCSA to 1.25v
              4. raising the DRAM voltage to 1.6v

let us know if you still have problem with it!

Comment

Working...
              X