Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request full specs of F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (2Gx2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request full specs of F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (2Gx2)

Hello:

My name is Tom, I'm a Student of Computer Engineering and currently working as an IT Consultant. English is not my first language so i apologize in advanced for any kind of grammar mistakes you encounter when reading this.

I have one pair of F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD (2Gx2) . Memory works great on 1333Mhz(timings on AUTO). I get hangs and video glitches when on 1600Mhz. After trying different setups (XMP, manual, different timings) and testing both modules separatedly, i've come to the conclusion that my mother is not assigning correct timings when something is set to AUTO.

I read the XMP profile and i see it is @ 800 MHz (1600Mhz effective) 8-8-8-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 34-88-2-6-10-6-6 (RC-RFC-CR-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP).
    If i activate XMP my BIOS only sets 8-8-8-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) and 2T(CR) parameters and the rest is set to AUTO. When i read the values assigned in AUTO i get differences like for instance the BIOS assignes 5ns for WR instead of 6 [like in attached image at end of post]
    I've manually configured all the values i can understand, but there a more values required that right now are in AUTO.

Both modules work just fine separatedly. The motherboard works just fine with other modules running at same speed(1600Mhz) and similar timings.

I'm using an ASUS P7P55-M motherboard with latest BIOS (1001) and the issues im describing are not related to other hardware(i've been testing this for the last 2 years, different HD, videocards, etc and also another motherboard same brand/model), nor are related to Software (im a Linux user but i also use Windows 7 for gaming. This issue ocurrs with Arch Linux 64bits, Debian 64bits, Windows 7 64bits, Windows XP 64bits), nor are related to BIOS version (i've tested the following BIOS revisions for this motherboard: 0605, 0703, 0705, 0803, 0805, 0902, 0903, 0904, 1001), nor are a defective RAM module(both modules work perfect separatedly, another set of modules same brand/model presents the same issues).

The following values are for the memory working @1600Mhz 1.6volts as rated by GSkill
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The values my motherboard asks and i have are as follow:

CAS# Latency 8 (im asuming this is: CL )
    RAS# to CAS# Delay 8 (im asuming this is: RCD )
    RAS# PRE Time 8 (im asuming this is: RP )
    RAS# ACT Time 24 (im asuming this is: RAS )
    RAS# to RAS# Delay 6 (im asuming this is: RRD )
    REF Cycle Time 88 (im asuming this is: RFC )
    WRITE Recovery Time 10 (im asuming this is: WR )
    READ to PRE Time 6 (im asuming this is: RTP )

Timing Mode 2N (im asuming this is: CR )

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The values im having trouble finding are as follow:

FOUR ACT WIN Time
    Back-To-BackCAS# Delay

Round Trip Latency on CHA
    Round Trip Latency on CHB
    Round Trip Latency on CHC

WRITE To READ Delay(DD)
    WRITE To READ Delay(DR)
    WRITE To READ Delay(SR)
    READ To WRITE Delay(DD)
    READ To WRITE Delay(DR)
    READ To WRITE Delay(SR)
    READ To READ Delay(DD)
    READ To READ Delay(DR)
    READ To READ Delay(SR)
    WRITE To WRITE Delay(DD)
    WRITE To WRITE Delay(DR)
    WRITE To WRITE Delay(SR)

Can you please provide me with this values and/or a link to where i can find them? I will provide any other information that is not listed here if you require it.

RAM:GSkill Trident Black F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD
    Amount of RAM: 4GB(2x2GB)
    Motherboard: ASUS P7P55-M
    BIOS version: 1001 (latest)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 860
    Overclocking?: No overclocking whatsoever, no overclocking planed and no overclocking required. I Just want my RAM modules to work stable @1600Mhz
    GPU: PCI-E XFX Geforce 9800GTX+
    GPU Driver: 301.42(Windows 7) and 302.17-1(Linux)
    OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits // Arch Linux with latest [stable] Kernel

Thanks in Advance

Tom

PS- I realize my motherboard is not on the GSkill Qualified Motherboard List and this RAM modules are not present in the Qualified Memory Vendor List provided by ASUS, but i was hoping you could still help me with this.

[Attached image:] http://imgur.com/7LYQR
    Description: Values that are processed when everything is set to AUTO and i activate the XMP Memory Profile. Transcription: 8-8-8-24-5-88-12-8-24 ///2N-42-42///7-7-18-9-9-9-7-6-4-7-7-4

for the BIOS settings, all you have to do is the following the memory SPEC only, others will let it set as Auto, don't need to change, or you can enable XMP, the system will loading the manufacture's settings. and your system is compatible with memory kit as well, please note.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

No, the motherboard is not configuring this modules automatically(it is, but not in the correct way). I need to know the specific timings this module was designed to work with.

Do you have that information?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this questions.

Tom

Comment

Dear Customer,

Your motherboard is already using these timings: 8-8-8-24-5-88-12-8-24 with XMP enabled
        They are correct so you can leave it as is or you can manually input them.

-G Skill Support

Comment

8-8-8-24-5-88-12-8-24
          They are correct so you can leave it as is
          really? Can you please give me the link where it says that my #RAS to #RAS is 5ns ? Because i can't find that on the box, nor on the memories label nor when i access bytes 185?219 or both (and all the others i've tested) memory modules and i get that my tRRD should be 6.

If my memory does not work correctly at tRRD=5, does this mean that this and the other 3 pairs i've tested in the past years are all bad? Where can i take them if so?

or you can manually input them.
          That's what XMP profile does. It inputs those values just as if i manually put them. But if i really want to manually configure my timings. Do you have more info about where i can get the other timings i requested? or who do i have to call/contact?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me and again i apologize for my english.

My best regards
          Tom

Comment

Will drop GSkill folks another note, if I had a set, I'd take a look into it, sorry
            Last edited by Tradesman; 07-11-2012, 05:47 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi

this is what you had done and it's the only part that need to tweak, others just leave it as auto or default will be fine.
              please note!

The values my motherboard asks and i have are as follow:

CAS# Latency 8 (im asuming this is: CL )
              RAS# to CAS# Delay 8 (im asuming this is: RCD )
              RAS# PRE Time 8 (im asuming this is: RP )
              RAS# ACT Time 24 (im asuming this is: RAS )

Timing Mode 2N (im asuming this is: CR )

Comment

Might take a look at Typhoon Burner

http://softwaretopic.informer.com/ty...-professional/

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X