F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL Reboots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL Reboots

Hey there fellows. I assembled this PC, it's an AMD FX 8150, mobo AM3+ ASUS CrossHair Formula V, 32gb ram GSKill RipJaws.

mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131735
    mem http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231507
    cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103960
    gpu AMD RADEON 6850

What are the recommended bios settings for the F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL ?

I'm currently experiencing system-reboot issues, and want to make several and different tests to nail it down, but would like to start with the higher settings and finally turn to the fail-safe settings.

I'm attaching a few screens with some tweaks as suggested in this forum. Still experiencing reboots. Ran memtest86 on the 32gb for 12+ hours, 2 pass, no errors, was it long enough ?

Look forward to hearing your tweaking suggestions.

Thanks ! Agustin.

Might first check each stick under memtest individually - running all at once in itself can cause errors, will want to see if a particular stick is causing problems - if that test out OK, if your mobo has DOCP try enabling that and see what happens...It's possible that the 8150 just can't handle 32GB at 1600 so might try at 1333 and try working your way up, will try and take a closer look at your setup later today and get back

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will try the memtest runs later and report back here.
      In the meantime, enabled DOCP. It gives me different DDR3 options, picked the smallest one (1600 9-9-9-24) and Windows would not start, BOSD, ACPI.sys error. Know what it means ?

Back to bios and changed to 1600 10-10-10-30, and it booted OK. Starting torture tests now. I can't confirm / deny the issue is gone, I need to run mem-tests and torture tests, and wait for that magical reboot. Other test suggestions ?

I read around that I should increase NB voltage +0.1 when having kits like this. Should I try that ? What about dram voltage ? Should I increase it as well ? Other things to look for ?

Thanks for your help
      Agustin.

Comment

Raising the CP/nb Voltage can help stabilize, if starting at + 0.1 see how it does and can always lower in small increments if not fully needed (i.e. drop it - 0.01 or 0.02 at a time)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, after a couple days, it crashed again, so I decided to start the mem tests. I was a little reluctant because I had an Arctic fan plugged on the CPU that was so close to the memory sticks that I wasn't able to release the sticks.

Removed the arctic fan and plugged the FX8150 factory fan, removed al the memory sticks and started mem test on the first stick, first slot. It run 22 hours, 8 passes, no errors. Started testing the second stick, second slot, it run 6 hours, 2 passes, no errors.

How long should I be testing each stick to be sure ? Is it correct to test different sticks on different slots ?

Anyway, I will be memtesting each of the sticks individually overnight.

In the meantime, the bios settings are DOCP DDR3 1600 10-10-10-30 2T 1.55v, NB 1.2v

This issue is scaring me, should I be scared ? is it common ? What are your recommendations ?

I will have the memtests complete on the 4 sticks by Wednesday probably.

Sadly yours, Agustin.

Comment

I'd test 4-5 passes, might tale CPU/NB to 1.25 and try

Tman

Comment

This morning, the bee yotch had restarted again all alone, Windows Registry showed a "Kernel Power Critical Event" (unexpected shutdown), as usual.
              Currently I had only a one 8gb stick plugged into it, I was going to try only one stick for a couple weeks to see if that would change anything.
              I memtested the 4 sticks, different slots, for over 15 hours each, no errors, over 7 passes.
              The bios settings are: DRAM 1.55v, CPU/NB 1.25v, NB 1.2v, CPU 1.3v, BUS Freq. 200mhz, DOCP DDR3-1600 10-10-10-30 2t.

I don't know what else to do, I'm planning reinstall Windows 7 on a non raid 0 setup and see if that changes anything. What else can I try ? Could this be possibly be fixed by tweaking the bios or something ? A few months ago I setup a Phenom II x6 and it was nothing like this, this problem is a nightmare, HELP PLEASE

Comment

BTW after memtesting each stick with the above bios settings, the PRIME95 torture tests throw the first fatal error after 1 hour of running, not sure if that's worth noting.

Comment

Might try 1333 8-8-8-24 or 9-9-9-27 as a test to see if it's stable and then try working up from there. The 8150, specwise, calls for running up to 1866 at 1 stick per channel (though their testing was done with 4GB sticks) so the MC (memory controller) is sort of the issue here. If we can get stable at 1333 then we can work our way up by increasing voltages and possibly playing with advance timings.

Tman

Comment

Solution

My dear troubleshooting friend. I believe we have been chasing a ghost.

I was finally able to confirm I have a "disk" issue. After following a few hunches, readings logs and testing, I was able to reproduce the "reboots" systematically by running a disk-defrag.

Every time the defrag runs, it would reboot my computer.

I installed a new hard-drive (non-raid) and W7, and kept the suspicious drive installed. I run a defrag and the suspicious disk "disappeared" from the system. The system did not crash this time because I had the whole OS on a new disk.

So basically, what was happening to me was some sort of disk issue, with intense HD activity it would "reboot" because the system would stop recognizing my raid array. It would be like unplugging a hard disk while the computer is turned on. Really bad mojo.

Now I'm troubleshooting the disk issue on a separate forum, but I'm assuming it's not a memory issue, and I will be able to run my 32gb smoothly over the next few days. I might open a new thread in case I need to fine tune the memory, but the current "reboot" issue I was experiencing was related to hard disk, not memory.

I'll go with the bios default settings + DDR3 1333 9-9-9-24 settings + NB 1.2v
                    Everything else will be untouched, will run torture tests, and open a new thread in case I need more help

God bless you man !

Cordially, Agustin.

Comment

Never even gave thought to a disk - will keep that in mind for the future, wish we could have gotten it figured sooner, but glad you got it, I'll be around when and if you need any help with the sticks or other

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X