• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide on memory

Motherboard: MSI G45 Micro-ATX
    Memory: Trident X/Ripjaws Z (4 GB x 2)
    CPU: Intel 3rd gen. core i5 3570K

Hello, I just want to check that G.Skill's Trident X memory is compatible with the micro-ATX version of the above motherboard. On the chart, the standard ATX is supported. Also which memory would you recommend; the Trident X or the Ripjaws Z?

Thanks

The only G45s I'm familiar w/ are socket 775, so the 3570K won't work with it...the Tridents's were designed for the 3ed Gen CPU's like the 3570K so they should work w/ any socket 1155 mobo, so if indeed you're going 3570K the sticks at least will be compatible

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The new G45s have the socket and fully support the new Intel chips, I'm just wondering if your memory will work on a Micro-ATX board

Comment

Okay, g45 is the follow-on designator - Yes the Z77/P67/et al 1155 mobos all will run the Tridents, don't know what set you are looking at either, but if 2133 or above, might check with MSI and make sure the BIOS is ready for high freq sticks, i.e. they have XMP ready for a 4 stick set of high freq.....MSI can be rather slow about getting the BIOS up to snuff,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay thanks, just one more question; how are the Trident's better than the Ripjaws Z's?

Comment

Actually they are very similar, the Tridents are a little better tuned towards 3rd Gen Cpu's like the 3570K, 3770K and it's stronger MC (memory controller), the Tridents will also be available uo through at least a 2800 freq, the RJ Z were designed towards the socket 2011 and the x79 chipset, not sure if they will take those any higher than 2400

Tman

Comment

Okay I know what I'm getting now, thank you so much!

Comment

No problem, let us know what you think of 'em

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X