Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Incompatibility Issues

Model of the motherboard: Asus P8-Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Model of the memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
    Model of the CPU: Intel i5-3570K

The problem is that I cannot boot my machine, after all parts have been properly installed. Just on the forums wondering if it could possibly be incompatibility between parts (Especially the MHz frequency of the RAM compared to the CPU or mobo)

As a side note, I have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX680 Video Card... in case that makes a difference.

With all this information, we will do our best to help you get your computer running smoothly.

You have no problem compatibility wise, the X series was designed for your socket/chipset. Am willing to bet your mobo doesn't have the latest BIOS, which is required to run the 3570K. Might go to another system, download the latest BIOS, put it on a USB drive and try to boot and see if you can get to the USB and update the BIOS, else, see if you can find someone with a 2500, 2500K (2600, 2700, eyc that's compatible to the older BIOS to update the BIOS - or take it to a shop - or contact your e/re-tailer and see if they can send you a replacement mobo with the updated BIOS. Going to want at least 3202 BIOS Version and better off just going with the 3402. Can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...GEN3/#download

While there, you'll also want to download the latest system drivers, etc, since the 3570K will need other updates to system drivers and such, can find them at the same place...big there here is the mobo came out for SB which is 2nd gen Intel CPUs, the 3570 is actually IB as it's 3rd Gen

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X