• Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL DDR3 1866 system unstable

This is my system

Motherboard: SABERTOOTH 990FX

Processor: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6Ghz

Ram:G.SKILL F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL ddr3 1866

bios settings : cpu voltage-1.380v, 5V-4.928, 3.3V-3.336v, 12V-11.737

My problem is that the system becomes unstable when i set up the ram frequency to 1866. i get blue screen randomly. i updated the bios and i still get blue screen at 1866.
    The system is very stable at 1600 or lower frequencies but i specifically bought my motherboard+Ram+processor so i could run the ram at 1866. I really need your help, im guessing ill need to manually change the timings on the ram if its possible or something. i dont know where to start. i just finished building my pc 2 days ago hope you guys can help.

RAM timings : 9,9,9,24,6,5,6,8,12
    Last edited by Invader; 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM.

First make sure you have the latest BIOS, 1208, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...90FX/#download

For this set of sticks at 1866 timings should be 10-11-10-30, 2N and 1.5, though with AMD you may need 1.55 to 1.6, try that and let us know, may need to raise CPU/NB voltage and/or if your mobo has DOCP can try that at 1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply, so far DOCP at 1866 has been working smooth ill update if i encounter a blue screen or something. thanks a bunch

Comment

Not a problem, if any hiccups, go with the + .05 to the DRAM voltage and should be smooth sailing

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi, I'm very glad to join G-skill forums thank you. Can you please help me to set my system to 1866mhz with the values that i need to change in bios, have to say im totally new to the sabertooth 990fx and gskill ripjaw Pc-14900 1866 mhz.

System specs
          Asus Sabertooth 990fx
          FX-8150 processor
          G-skill ripjaw 1866mhz 2x4gb
          win7 64bits ultimate
          Corsair TX750 PSU
          HD6870 1GBddr5 ATI sapphire video card

I hope I've explained well since my first lenguage is spanish

thank you very much

Comment

Try same as with Invader here, make sure you have the latest BIOS - 1208, can find it here:

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...90FX/#download

The reset the BIOS, go to DOCP and select 1866.....if any problems try increasing DRAM voltage up + .05

Tman

Comment

thank you for your quick reply, I did the change the DOCP and have the latest bios, but when reboot still showing 1600, just need to move DRAM voltage to +0.5 in order to keep that settings? Ill' try and then i'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Grandkronnos View Post
                thank you for your quick reply, I did the change the DOCP and have the latest bios, but when reboot still showing 1600, just need to move DRAM voltage to +0.5 in order to keep that settings? Ill' try and then i'll let you know
                everything its fine, had to correct timmings thank you!

greetings

Comment

No problem, glad to hear all is well, keep in touch with us

Tman

Comment

memory problem

hi Tradesman, have a problem hope you can help me, since last time I posted I was able to run my system @1866mhz with ripjaws PC-14900 2x4gb, but last few days im getting blue screen, after a memory test message says "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer". It could be a voltage problem? i set mannualy to 1866mhz and timmings as suggested, but left voltage 1.5 didnt change that.

System specs
                    Asus Sabertooth 990fx
                    FX-8150 processor
                    G-skill ripjaw 1866mhz 2x4gb
                    win7 64bits ultimate
                    Corsair TX750 PSU
                    HD6870 1GBddr5 ATI sapphire video card

thank you

Comment

Try 1.55 and what's the CPU/NB voltage at?

Tman

Comment

atm its on default sabertooth voltage, not sure what they are, as soon as i get home ill check exact values

thanks again

Comment

If on default, might raise the CPU/NB a bit also with 8GB, maybe add + .06 just to see how it goes, thing that will be pretty stable and no heat issues

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X