Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9-4gbxl+ga-990xa-ud3

Hi

I recently bought new motherboard gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 and new set of ddr3 memory F3-12800CL9-4GBXL x2 pc means 8GB total.

Actually I was satisfied with it my x810 was giving me better results in benchmarks.

Now after one month of using it GIGABYTE released two new bios versions F10 and F11 none of them I can't use. Computer starts I enter in bios make settings and then it start to make two beeps. Blank screen and I need to reset CMOS. I made one boot with lowest memory setting but after first reset same again.

Now it is weird situation I cannot say that memory is not working nor I can say motherboard is wrong. Is there any clues what to do? What settings, test I can do to see what is wrong with this combination?

I am not planning to do OC just to use what I paid for it

Thanks for ideas,
    Dean

P.S Now I am on old f9 so I didn't messed MB and it works fine with f9

I'd stick w/ the F(, from the looks of it they are having problems with the boot process they are trying to fix...and having trouble doing so. Install the sticks and can refer to this thread if having trouble setting up to run at 1600

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...=7688....along with those instructions, I'd add + .05 to the DRAM voltage since you are running two sets of sticks, that should help w/ stabilizing things...Give it a try and let me know how it goes, I'll be in and out throughout the weekend, so just yell out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for reply, I so that post but I thought maybe there are some tricks to be able to get work F10 or F11 Bios.

In F9 I can make 1600 memory to work without any problems even with auto settings but somehow I have feeling that it is not good configured.

Anyway if someone have some other ideas I am listening

Dean

Comment

Check the advance timings under F9 then can go with the newer BIOS s and compare and if need be set manually.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

in manual there is written the memory needs to be in slot 1 and slot 2 and by diagram it is colored black so this is what I did. I all tests including gigabyte it was named slot 2 and slot 3 Now I put in blue slots which should be 3 and 4 and in software it say it is 1 and 2. hmm confusing.

I put new bios f11 and after reseting cmos I setup memory on lowest settings then I boot windows, now it works at 1333 Mhz which is fine by me because I have x810 which has memory controller that can't handle 1600 Mhz.

Thanks tradesman I put 1.55 Volts for memory so I will see how it looks like with these settings

Thanks

Comment

No problem, keep us updated on your progress

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X