Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d 8gbxl and ASUS p8z68 V LX

Hi

Have been having a great many issues with a new build PC (my 1st for approx 10 years, have been using a 2.4Ghz AMD single core all this time!!!)

Have stripped, and am rebuilding the rig, to test everything.

I have found in both the BIOS (flashed to latest version 3801) & MEMTEST 86+ - which is running currently - that the RAM is showing as 11-11-11-28. This is also true with XMP enabled.

Is this correct? Both motherboard manual & the RAM sticks themselves state the settings should be 9-9-9-24 2N? Is there a reason the motherboard is not recognising them?

FYI, the XMP enabled reads "profile 1" and shows 9-9-9-24 2N however this doesn't - as stated - appear in either the "AI Tweaker" DRAM Timings settings, nor in MEMTEST.

Many thanks in advance & apologies if this appears a "n00b" question!

PS: I am aware the ASUS P8Z68 V LX doesn't have this particular RAM listed in the QVL (but it hasn't been updated since 2011), nor does the G SKILL site recognise this version of the Z68 V series. Does that mean they are incompatable?

Comment

They are compatible, and they should recognize correctly if XMP is enabled. Very strange. Have you tried manual settings to see if that will work OK?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes - I have manually set the sticks to 9-9-9-24 2 previously and they still worked. Just wondering if this is the reason for system instability? The fact that they're not being recognised correctly?

I just finished 10hrs + of memtest 86+ with just the CPU, HSF & 2x 8GBXL's - 8 passes, no errors. That was with the sticks showing as 11-11-11-28 though.

Any merit to running the memtest again at the correct values? I'm assuming if they pass they pass though?

Will update shortly as I work through further tests on the rig.

Comment

Yes, give them a try at rated timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X