Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL in a dual or quad channel board..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL in a dual or quad channel board..

I understand this is triple channel memory. That's how I'm running it right now in my GA-X58-UD3 board. My buddy just got an Asus x77 Sabertooth board and now I'm all jealous. If I upgrade sometime soon to an X77/79 board will I be able to migrate this memory to the new board? Can I use all of it or just some of them?

Depending on the mobo, you'd be able to use all of it, most allow additions after first four sockets are filled in the X79 if thinking Z77 then you'd be able to use 4 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cool!! I really like this memory and it would save me some cash to recycle most of my hardware. I realized the number of dimms would be an issue as far as using all of the sticks. So the memory would run in dual channel mode in the Z77 board and run in quad channel mode in the X79 board? Just want to make sure....

Comment

Yep, the MC (memory controller is in the CPUs these days so DRAM is extremely flexible, using tri-channel kits/sticks in a dual or quad channel mobo, will require you to enter the timings and freq manually, which is no big deal and with 1600/9 sticks it's almost (and may well be) plug and play...if any problems just give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks!! Will do!!!

Comment

Let us know how it goes!

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X