Intel DZ68DB and F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel DZ68DB and F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I recently purchased the above combo along with a 3rd gen i7 processor. After assembling, when I try to boot the system I get the 3 BIOS beeps as if I have no memory/bad memoy. Any idea what is happening? From what I've read it sounds like this combo should work but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas/feedback would be appreciated.

Check that yo have the latest BIOS, sticks are securely seated in the proper slots and let us know if that helps. Do you have XMP enabled?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks for the response. If I can't get into the BIOS, how can I check for latest version and determine if XMP is enabled? Do I have to find other memory sticks that will work?

Comment

Try each stick individually in slot 1 and see if either will let you into the BIOS. If you have any other DDR3 or can borrow a stick or two, can try that also to get to the BIOS. Otherwise, if it's a full build, I'd check the CPU/socket for any stray thermal compound that might have seeped in there, or bent pins....then disconnect drives etc....take it down to 1 stick, PSU plugged into the main 24 pin power to the mobo as well as the 4 or 8 pin power connector by the CPU, video card (with power attached if needed and that's all, then try and boot. Still no joy, ensure all the screws holding the mobo to the standoffs in the case are tight, so there's no shorts or remove the mobo and try it on a non-conductive surface, might also check the CPU cooler, if third party, has any metal components touching the mobo or it's circuits

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

The problem ended up being a BIOS issue. The BIOS that came on the mobo was not 3rd gen i7 (22nm) compatible directly. So, the trick was to find a 2nd gen CPU, plug it in, upgrade the BIOS to the transition version (0032 in this case), then upgrade it again to the 22nm compatible verison (0040 in this case). Once this was done, I could plug the 3rd gen CPU back in and it all worked fine.

Thanks for at least getting me on the right path.

Chris

Comment

WOW, that's a tricky issue, can you share with us which motherboard/CPU that you were using?
            thank you

Comment

We know the mobo, Intel DZ68DB, but was it a 3570K, 3770K or which one?

Tman

Comment

CPU was an i7-3770.

Comment

Also, here's the link on the Intel site on how to fix the issue:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-033076.htm

Comment

Appreciate the info, am sure that will come in handy to other members

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X