Bsod: F3-10666cl9q-32gbxl / ga-990fxa-ud3 / fx-8120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod: F3-10666cl9q-32gbxl / ga-990fxa-ud3 / fx-8120

Can someone help me get this system stable with the 4x8GB memory? BSODs (caused by hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe) are driving me nuts.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL

The BSODs are fairly frequent, up to 4 or 5 a day when the system is in use. Before hitting the blue screen, the display freezes and weirds out pretty much like this: http://i.imgur.com/Hp5JI.jpg (thanks to whoever I stole that pic from).

The issue occurs with default BIOS settings (auto), but I've tried messing with some voltages and as well. I'm no expert as far as this is concerned, so hopefully someone has input.

Thanks!

AMD s have a weak MC (Memory controller) so I'd start by raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55 and the CPU/NB voltage to 1.3 initially, try that and let me know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay, thanks. I've set DRAM and CPU/NV voltages as recommended. I'll be back with an update after I get some sense of whether it's now stable or not.

Comment

If not around, will be Thur

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

could you check the timing, make sure the tRFC are 174, and let us know about the result if you don't mind.

Comment

Well, made it about 8 hours or so, but it seems to be more of the same x124 BSOD.

Comment

yeah, try the setting as i mentioned, adjust the tRFC to 174. this move should help!!!

Comment

GSKILL,

Thanks for your input.

Here's the timing configuration: http://i.imgur.com/HFEy6.jpg
                It looks like there is no option for 174ns on the tRFC: http://i.imgur.com/0dzFl.jpg

Comment

please manually adjust the timing as following:

1T/2T command rate: 2T
                  CAS# Lantency: 9
                  RAS TO Cas R/W Delay:9
                  Row Precharge time:9
                  Minimum RAS Active Time:24T

Trfc 0 :300
                  Trfc 1 :300

also adjust the DRAM voltage to 1.5v

Comment

Done. Still leaving CPU/NB at 1.3 (+.1), correct?

Comment

You can try with or without to see what is most stable.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X