Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8x8GB 2133-2400Mhz compatibility with Intel X79 boards

Hi,

So the question is: would these memories be fully compatible in a 8x8GB setup with these two Intel mobos?
    F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD
    F3-2133C9Q-32GZH
    Intel DX79TO
    Intel DX79SI

I've seen the compatibility list of the memories and they were successfully tested on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme and ASUS P9X79 DELUXE, but i am curious about these Intel boards?
    obviously these setups cost a lot and as G.Skill does not accept any returns because of compatibility issues i need to make absolutely sure they will work.

Thanks!

Regardless of mobo type for 64GB, I suggest a single set, any time you mix sets it can be problematic, a single 64GB set ensures that all the sticks have been tested to work together, as to your selection of mobos, I'll drop a line to GSkill to take a look. I myself would be hesitant to try the combo as Intel mobos are a bit on the staid side in that they design them to run more towards stability at spec rather than towards stability when OCing....I'd suggest Gigabyte or ASUS. Maybe GSkill has tested with the mobos you're looking at
    Last edited by Tradesman; 04-19-2012, 06:50 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was looking at 2x 4x8 instead of 8x8, because if a module would go bad, then i would only need to return 4x8, instead of all 8x8, but yeah, i guess you have a valid point, because 8x8 is not even close to like 4x4
      I myself would prefer Rampage IV Extreme over these Intel boards, but as it seems these are the ones I need to pick from.

Thanks!

Comment

Not sure when GSkill tech will be in, but they may have an idea of other vendors for mobos, either in or near Hungary

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No, high frequency, high performance modules will not work very well with those motherboards. As Tradesman had already mentioned, Intel doesn't really make the motherboards for extreme performance, so DDR3-1600, 1866 may be best. You can lower timings to make up for performance. Then when you can attain a R4E mobo, you can experience full performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the follow up! I will go with the R4E

Comment

We'll be looking for the update

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X