Help with BIOS settings for evga LF-E653

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with BIOS settings for evga LF-E653

hello. i have an evga 123-LF-E653 board and i'm having problems getting 2 sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4gbx2) to run stable at 1600mhz. the board is paired with an i3-540. i can run stable at 1333 but anytime i up the bclck to 160 to run at 1600mhz i get nothing but BSOD's. would you please help me fine tune my BIOS settings.

current settings:
    cpu mult - 23
    vcore - auto
    vdimm - 1.50v
    imc/vtt - 1.05 - 1.10 on auto
    pch - auto
    pci - 100
    bclk - 133

ram timings are 2:10 in BIOS but read 4:20 via CPUZ
    C1, speedtstep and Cstates are currently on. also ran various stability test with them off and it didn't help.

thanks,

d wood

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sorry, i forgot to add that. yes i do. i checked the website and my system and both read A74.

thanks

Comment

Are you set up manually or are you using XMP? First try XMP by going to BIOS, enable XMP, select Profile 1 and try, if no joy, leave it like that and raise DRAM voltage to 1.55...if BIOS is written correctly, XMP by itself should work. If still problems, might run Memtest on each stick by itself to ensure each stick is good

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks again. i tried running xmp profile 1 and that crashed. i also raised dram voltage to as much as 1.65v and had no luck. i ran the same settings under manual and the system still crashes. i also ran memtest on each stick and then both of them. both results came out fine. i also inserted 4gigs of adata 1600mhz (2gbx2) and the system crashed. after typing all this, i'm wondering if it's the board itself.

Comment

May well be, the i3-540 should be fine with 1600, and having used two different sets of sticks, one of them should have defaulted in and been OK....might give EVGA a holler to see if they have a new BIOS or a beta BIOS in the works, or if any known problems...or return and try a different mobo

Tman

Comment

thanks for your help. i thought i was doing something wrong for sure.

Comment

Keep in touch w/ the forums and let us know how things work out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X