Problem With Quad channels on Extreme9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Quad channels on Extreme9

My Setup: Core i7-3960X, ASRock x79 Extreme9, 2x EVGA GTX 580 Classified Ultra SLI, over 12 case fans and custom water cooling via XSPC,Swiftech, and Koolance. I was running A quad channel kit of G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz Total of 16GB.. When I added a second kit of Rip jaws I didn't realise I had bought Ripjaws Z on accident. However everything is the same.. all timings and speed is the same, my MB Supports up to 64 GB but when I add second set PC won't post. Won't turn screen on or anything. It seems to get stuck on some code that makes no sense to freeze on. Both sets run fine alone.. I also tested each piece alone.. no problems.. so what is wrong here? Any ideas? I even reset bios with them all plugged in which normally would slow them down to 1600. But it wouldn't post no ,matter what when all chips are in. I didn't think that fixing .two "different type of ripjaws X & Z sticks" would matter because the timings match perfectly. [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231501"[/URL] AND [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231473"[/URL]

Couple of things to check, make sure you have the latest BIOS, then disable XMP if not already done as it won't work right, make sure the timing and CR are correct, then will prob want the DRAM voltage up + .03, the VCCSA at about 1.25 and the VCCIO at about 1.2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

re-extreme9

What do I do to check those things.. just take out the one set to get to the bios? I can't get to bios with both sets in..
      Edit I have latest bios, all latest firmwares and drivers and everything like that.. including latest inf's
      Last edited by hondalyfe88; 03-20-2012, 10:31 PM. Reason: forgot somthing

Comment

Yes that's the easiest way

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X