Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus p8z68 deluxe & f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl - bios help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, like to help whenever I can

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well after leaving the PC on all night I woke to find it BSOD'd again. Damn.
      This morning I received another 4x BSOD's about 10 mins after rebooting and starting to work.
      I have reset the timings and voltages to 1333MHz 8 8 8 24 2 1.5v 1.12v and things seems stable enough.

So things are not as good as we thought unfortunately Tman. Sorry to report this. I have a couple of questions if I may;

1. How can this happen all of a sudden when I have run this mobo and RAM combo for such a long time without issue? Something must have changed but the build is basically a clean install with very little hardware reinstalled compared to what was running before.

2. While 1333Mhz is fine/stable, this is not why I bought 1600MHz RAM. As we have discussed I bought the RAM for bandwidth/speed/performance and now it seems I am losing out on that.

3. Given the above, what G.Skill RAM can I be certain will be stable for my mobo? What is G.Skill's best/fastest RAM that I could use instead?

4. Or, is there a way to get the RAM I have running at 1600MHz?

Thanks again Tman

Comment

Technically you are not losing much performance because although the frequency is lower, the timings are also lower, so the memory responds quicker to the memory.

If you continue to have problems, feel free to send them in for RMA to see if a 16GB kit works better. Keep in mind, you should tell the RMA dept. that you need a 16GB kit. These problems can happen when using 2 separate kits in the same computer.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi Tman,
          Day 3 and I am BSOD'ing on the 1333MHz settings unfortunately. I thought it was looking pretty stable but no dice I'm afraid. I have experimented with the voltage's a little by raising and lowering in various combo's but no luck as they will either just fail or run for an hour and then fail. What's ridiculous is that I have pulled the G.Skill memory now and am using a spare set of very cheap "generic brand" sticks that cost a fraction of the price (<$30US) and they are running rock solid at 8-8-8-24, 2T. I'm starting to wonder why I am buying expensive RAM all of a sudden mate - you can't blame me really.

In my line of work (video & audio post production) this isn't a good situation as I need this workstation to be rock solid to edit and to show clients work, so I think I will need to RMA for a 16GB kit. Can you tell me the process please or point me in the right direction to get an RMA number?

Cheers, Cam
          Last edited by syntax3ra; 03-24-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Might try through your re/e-tailer first, especially if local and within the return period, else will want to email GSkill, info on the procedures and a link to the form can be found here:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

the email address is rma@gskill.com

You'll want to specify that you want to RMA for a single 16GB SET, so they understand you don't want two separate sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X