Bad RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad RAM?

About a month ago I upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB.

The old RAM is: G.skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM.
    The new RAM is: G.skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL.

Recently, I have had two BSOD crashes on my computer. Window 7 had me run a memory dianostic which failed. I also ran Memtest 86+ (V 4.10) which imediately failed with numerous errors. I removed and reseated the RAM twice, but the failures still occur. I reinstall the old RAM and Memetest passes.

The RAM confiuration in BIOS is the default (by SPD).

I bought the RAM at NewEgg. However the 30 day return period has expired. Thus I belive I have to deal with G.skill to replace it.

My questions are:

1. Is the RAM really bad or is there some BIOS stting I should try?
    2. Should I return the RAM to Newegg or G.skill?

I built my computer almost two years ago. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 and the CPU is an Intel i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz.

Thanks,
    George

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, test each stick individually with Memtest to see if one of the new ones are bad, if OK when all four sticks are installed raise the QPIVTT about .05 to start, the MC will need the extra juice w/ 4 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am only using two sticks at a time. The old memory is 2x2GB and the new is 2x4GB.

I already updated to the latest non-Beta BIOS. I haven't test each stick alone.

Comment

Check each of the new sticks w/ Memtest. Off hand, trying to mix the two sets, will prob need to add voltage to the DRAM and will need more in the QPIVTT

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tested each stick seperately with MemTest 86+. One stick passes and one fails. I have requested a RMA from G.Skill

Comment

Let us know how the new sticks work out

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X