• Show
Clear All

• Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3 + f3-2133c9q-32gxh

Hi,

i have next configuration:
    Model of the motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K
    Model of the CPU fan: Noctua NH-D14

I want to buy F3-2133C9Q-32GXH or 2 x F3-2133C9D-16GXH (depends on the availablility on market).
    As I can see from spec both are compatible with my mobo, but anyway are there some potential issues?
    Clearance of the fan - 44mm. Is it enough? (As I can conclude from several other posts in other topics - it should be...)
    Also, could you please provide me some info about availability of this models in ukrainian market? I asked several resellers (including listed in the gskill.com site) and they told me that the models are not available Or, may be you can suggest some internet store with worldwide shipping? I really want this RAM.
    Last edited by henk; 03-08-2012, 09:03 AM.

Should be fine w/ either set, I'd check the resellers closest to you from

http://www.gskill.com/reseller.php?c1=4&c2=64

and see if any of them (most convenient to you) can special order the set for you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This memory is just released, so hopefully a vendor can import for you.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi, since no one from Ukrainian resellers want to help me with this RAM, I asked a friend in Germany. So, I will have model 32gxh and will write about experience on next week

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to find it, we'll be looking forward to seeing how you like them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

BIOS tells me that memory runs at 2133MHz:

but CPU-Z, and MemTweakIT don't think so:

Could you please describe how is this possible and how I can determine actual RAM frequency?

Comment

SiSoft Sandra tells about 2133MHz:

Finally I'm frustrated a little...

Comment

After a little browsing on forum I found:

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                In the CPU-Z Memory tab, the freq shown is half what it is running (DOUBLE data rate) so here it's 961.7 x 2 = 1923.4).....somethings not setting right, let me see if I can dig something up...could you post your BIOS settings?
                So, thank you very much Tradesman, seems like memory up and running with XMP 2 on 2133MHz with no problems at all!

Regarding Noctua - it is not installed yet. I'm using intel box cooller now because I'll move to another town in ~2 weeks and PC will be diassembled.
                After that I'll assemble it with Noctua and probably will place photo here - it has enough clearance.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, let us know how it goes when all back together, with Noctua think we may be seeing some OCing

Tman

Comment

Hello!

Just assembled my PC. Fan fits good but only in horisontal configuration. There is luck of space for it in vertical configuration, but it's not related to RAM. Clearance for memory is enough - see photo below, as promised.
                    Sorry, but for now I have no time to do OCing. May be later. You know, moving to another town == huge amount of work.

Comment

Looking good, let us know when you get all sorted out and ready to go

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X