Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

Hi all,
    I have 4 sticks of 2gb each. I want to use 2 sticks for a new build and OC them to 1600mhz. What timings and voltage would be needed to achieve this, if possible. Specs for the new processor and mobo are AMD phenom II X2 565 BE(to be unlocked and OC'ed to quad) and Asus M5A88-V EVO

Thanks

Can try it, I'd start @ 10-10-10-27. 1.55 2T, and then set up rest of system for 1600 sticks, check this post, method 2:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I will deffo try it out Also I'm looking at the Speccy info of the RAM and it has JEDEC numbers for each stick what exactly are they eg
      JEDEC #4
      Frequency 685.7 MHz
      CAS# Latency 9.0
      RAS# To CAS# 10
      RAS# Precharge 10
      tRAS 25
      tRC 34
      Voltage 1.500 V
      If it works at 1600mhz could I then pair it with 2 sticks of Mushkin 1600 I have sitting around?
      Last edited by diggiddi; 03-04-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

You can try it, there's no guarantee, different sticks so different chips, timings etc, prob take some tweaking

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, thanks for all your help once again

Comment

No problem, keep us updated on how things go

Tman

Comment

Will do, am expecting mobo in sometime this week BTW you never answered my JEDEC question

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

Ok I have installed the 2 different sets so I currently have 12GB and they are both running @ 1333mhz, 9 9 9 24 33 2T, 1.49v. I tried 1T but system would not boot up. The only other issue i'm seeing is, it keeps telling me CPU fan is not connected. The Corsair
                  A70 cooler has a 3 pin instead of the regular 4pin PWM that comes standard so i dunno if that is why

Now next step is to see if it can work @ 1600mhz

Comment

1. Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600

2. Set CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz (DDR3-1600 / 2 = 800MHz, then x 3) CPU-NB Frequency should always be 3X DRAM bus frequency

3. Set timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24, or whatever your memory is rated for.

4. Set DRAM Voltage to 1.50V, or whatever your memory is rated for.

5.Most CPUs will need a CPU-NB Voltage boost of +0.10V, so if your default is 1.10V, set it to 1.20V

Is this the CPU offset voltage or the CPU/NB offset voltage ?

Comment

Should be a straight CPU/NB voltage, though it may be offset, will see if I can difg something up on it

Tman

Comment

JEDEC are values the memory can possibly use.

Even if you can reach DDR3-1600, it can be difficult to mix match with your other memory.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok I was able to boot into windows @ 1600mz,
                          These are my Settings

timings to 10 10 10 27 2T,
                          CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz
                          DRAM Voltage unchanged @ 1.49V
                          My CPU-NB default was 1.20V, so I left it Alone also

I have already unlocked 2 cores and overclocked my cpu(AMD 565 BE 3.4ghz) to a quad core @ 4.0 ghz using the auto OC function in my bios, but it unfortunately underclocked the ram to 1228mhz with timings at 9 9 9 24 1T @1.49v

The PC does seem snappier with with the current settings, just like my previous SB(i52500K) build felt
                          Now my next task is to combine the unlock and overclock with the memory @ 1600 and possibly lower the timings a little

BTW do I need to run memtest? I have already checked the RAM sticks on my other builds and they both passed.

Comment

Think you're on the right track, can run memtest, but think once the OC in place, can prob tighten down the timings at 1600

Tman

Comment

So far I have managed a Stable clock of 3.4 ghz on all 4 cores @ 1600mhz on the mixed set of 12gb Mushkin and Gskill ram using 10 passes of Intel Burn Test to check for stability.Timings are 10 10 9 27 1T. I am currently running prime95 and have passed 3hrs with no hiccups. I also I posted my data @ the link below for those who are interested. (antec hcg 750w, win 7 pro 64)

I also overclocked my other Gskills (2x2gb) to 1600 @ 9 9 9 24 2T using the same method( athlon x3 unlocked to X4 &Oc to 3.5, temp is about 45c according to coretemp, Asrock 880g exreme3 mobo, coolermaster hyper 212+, antec true power trio 550w psu. Xp 32)
                              I'll try and go for at least CL8 on my way to Cl6 (at 1333 perhaps). I'm going back and forth between the two machines

corrected
                              Last edited by diggiddi; 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X