No announcement yet.

Overclocking G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the CPU/NB volts, it adds volts to the memory controller.
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Sounding good, need to get a couple more rigs to throw in the mix and really make it interesting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wow that is quite amazing since the F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT according to G.Skill Tech are only P&P Value ram not for gaming. And everyone spends so much more money for the Ripjaws and Snipers because they game and want to O/C.
        Last edited by Wildman95gst; 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I found this guide on the interwebs which should be helpful in ocing http://www.techreaction.net/2010/10/...locking-guide/
          It has a nice huge pic of Gskill Ram on it
          Another article by the blogger...http://www.techreaction.net/2009/05/...ng-essentials/

Now on to 4ghz land I go!!

Comment

Keep us informed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Update: I got them up to 7-8-7-21 1T @ 1.547v & 1600mhz on the Athlon x3->x4 3.48ghz and I am currently running Prime95 blend to finalize everything on that box

The x2->x4 is still @ stock freq (3.4ghz) & has the same timing and frequency as above but the DRAM value is @1.55v for this mobo. Both NB are 2400mhz

I am running memtest to tune the drive strengths then on to tune the NB further. I had to start all over again due to operator error and I may have just made another one

The system sees all the 12 gb but only 4gb is available. I tried re-seating them to see if it 'd change but no luck yet

Comment

Have you looked at:

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Tman

Comment

Good news so far, I was able to Overclock the phenom II to 3.9Ghz stable(all 4 cores) in addition to the memory clock and OCing the on board graffix Unfortunately I couldn't quite get to 4ghz which was my aim, but its all good though.

Bad news : The mobo has faulty Cpu fan header and I need check this memory issue preventing me from seeing all 12gb. I reseated cpu and installed stock cooler but the cpu fan is not spinning
                  Thanks for the link Tradesman

Comment

Does fan work with other headers or is it just dead

Tman

Comment

Yeah the fan works with other headers

Comment

Do you have the 4 or 8 pin power connector by the CPU attached firmly from the PSU?

Tman

Comment

I'll try reseating that too, to see if it makes a difference, I really hope that cures it so I don't have to rma the board.
                          I put in just the 2(x4gb) sticks of mushkins and was not able to overclock them they were stable @ 1600 9-9-9-24 1T(which is their factory setting) and would not budge an inch. Next time I'm sticking with Gskill

The OS is able to see and access all 8gb right now, so I'll add on the Gskills and slap on the A70 and reload my previous config

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

The reseating of the 8 pin cpu power connector did not solve the fan issue. RMA here I come!
                              I reset the memory to 9-9-9-24 2t 1600 @1.55v (using the DOCP Bios setting)and the system can access all 12gb now. Its actually verry snappy @ these settings

Comment

Other than the fan connection being off, sounds great, might drop them a line and see if it's a known or ongoing proble, or if they have a fix, there might be a BIOS patch if they know about it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X