Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL @ 2133mhz?

Hi GSkill users,

I have recently built a P.C and I purchased 16gb ram which is advertised @ 2133mhz cl11. My P.C is only seeing it was 1600 mhz and I tried putting the frequency to 2133 but I get no POST until I clear the CMOS and start again .

I've never o.c'ed before so I have to confess I'm a bit of noob to be honest. Please can you help me on how I can reach the advertised mhz (and not kill my system parts with over doing-it)

My spec is as follows:

Case: Antec 1200 v3
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula
    Cpu cooler: Antec 920 H2O
    RAM: F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (x4 sticks)
    CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.6ghz 8 Core
    Graphics: Zotac 560 GTX ti oc @ 900mhz (soon to be SLI)
    Sound: Soundblaster Fatal1ty Titanium Champion Series & I/O drive

For all those many experienced P.C builders out there, what do you think of my set up??

Best Regards and Thanks in advance,
    Alan

After you set DRAM Frequency DDR3-2133

DRAM Timings tCL 11 - tRCD 11 - tRP 11 - tRAS 30

DRAM Voltage 1.60V

you also need to increase CPU-NB Voltage

Try +0.20V, you may need to work up higher to see what the CPU wants to be stable.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks very much GSKILL, I'll try this as soon as I can

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello again GSKILL. I have now been able to get into the BIOS as it was caused by my soundcard being in my bottom PCI-e slot. I moved it up and and problem solved . I have tried to adjust the voltages of my system but its still showing the RAM as 1600mhz. Please see below:

Extreme Tweaker:

Then here's the DRAM Timing control where the timing dont seem to line up:

And lastly, heres the Memory Configuration in case thats causing the problem:

Am I missing something in there? Many thanks again

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS, 1102? Can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...mula/#download

Also need to set the timings manually to 11-11-11-30 you have them at 7-12-7-28

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Do you have the latest BIOS, 1102? Can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...mula/#download

Also need to set the timings manually to 11-11-11-30 you have them at 7-12-7-28
              Hello again Tman

I've had an issue with the BIOS that I'm waiting for a resolution for. Some users have said that the 902 BIOS is more stable than the 1102 anyway and that it'd be best to wait to wait for next update because of apparent voltage fluctuation issues.

I have changed back the timings They'd been changed as I was trying to get the sticks to 2133mhz and I'd followed a guide that automatically changed them to those other timings via loading PSC Chip settings.

Anyway, I've increased the CPU/NB Voltage to 1.4 volts also too but in windows it shows:

Also it shows the sticks as PC3-12800 (800MHz) each rather than 17000 2133mhz ---> is that correct? :/

Comment

You have the timings right but your at 1600, think you need the latest BIOS for the CPU and it's MC to interact correctly with the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Thats a shame but I know it cant be helped then . I'll get this sorted asap and get back to you as soon as its sorted mate. Thanks and a lot and best regards,

Alan

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X