Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24GB (11GB usable) in Windows - Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24GB (11GB usable) in Windows - Need Help!

Hi Support & Everyone,

I've just updated my computers RAM from 12GB to 24GB to run test Virtual machine envionment, I had the ripgaws 6x2GB F3-1600CL9T-6GBRH DDR-2000 and it replaced it with sniper 6x4GB F3-12800CL9T-12GBSR.

The issue is that windows detects the 24GB (and so does BIOS) but its reports only 11GB is usable. I'm running Windows Ultimate so thats not the issues (limit is 192GB)

In system is says 24GB (11GB usable).

My MoBo is ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 which should be able to hundle 24GB as well based on the specs on ASUS'w website.

I'm also running the i7-690 3.2 LGA 1366 intel processor which based on the specs can also hundle 24GB of tripple channel DDR3.

I've played arround with the O.C. settings in Manual mode and in X.M.P with no luck.

So i was wondering

A. Has anyone got the ASUS P6T Deluxe configured for 24GB use and can see the whole 24GB in Windows

B. Can anyone suggest the correct over-clocking settings for my setup.

Thanks
    Michael.

I'd first check that you have the latest BIOS, and if you have XMP enabled, you'll want to disable that as it won't work correctly with two sets, ensure all sticks are firmly seated and that the base timings are correct. May also have to raise DRAM voltage and/or the QPI/VTT voltage (may show as QPI/DRAM)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned before BIOS is up-to-date.

I did check the seating of the RAM, but i might pull them out and re-seat.

So should i set the ai over-clocking to manual and then set the timings to 9-9-9-24 and the voltages to 1.55 or 1.6? or shoud i just go up in increments for the voltages from 1.5... will increasing the voltage damage anything?

Thanks,
      Michael.

Comment

No, up to 1.65v is fine. Yeah you should try rams at stock cpu settings so go to MAnual mode and set memory timings, voltage and speed yourself.
        This cat scratches free.
        Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

Comment

Ok i've applied the BIOS update 'P6T-ASUS-DELUXE-V2-1202.ROM' again just to start with a clean config.

I've set the memory timings, voltages and speed and played around with these settings with no luck, either the overclock fails or window just reports 24GB (11GB Usable)

I just can't work out whether this issue is a Windows issue or a BIOS memory config issue.

Comment

Might check in MSCONFIG, go to start and type in msconfig in the search box, when it opens, click the BOOT tab, then the ADVANCED tab and make sure MAX Memory is un-checked. May also want to try upping the QPI/VTT voltage (feeds the Memory Controller)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry for such a late replay, Tradesman your the man!! msconfig did the trick, thanks so much!!

Michael.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X