X58 Sabertooth + F3-12800CL7T-12GBSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58 Sabertooth + F3-12800CL7T-12GBSR

I purchased 2 sets of the above memory for use with the Asus X58 Sabertooth motherboard. In the BIOS there are tons if settings available for memory. It boils down to the issue of the XMP setting vs manual settings. The XMP profile does not load the correct settings advertised for this memory, but somewhere else I read that the settings would be different for two sets vs just a standalone set. I can also enter the settings manually, I noticed that when left in "auto" the settings are incorrect as well.

Anybody have any idea about the best way to proceed with this motherboard? I currently have the basic timing set for the numbers as advertised - 7-8-7-24-2N.

Good, also set the DRAM Frequency and DRAM Voltage.

Make sure each kit is in the same color slots.

See how that works. If unstable, try raising QPI/DRAM Core Voltage slightly to see if it can stabilize full slots.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Frequency is set at 3200, voltage at 1.6v. The kits are in their respective slots. There is no instability.

I am checking to see if the settings are correct, or what they should be.

Also, is there a full data sheet for the memory? There are many settings available, but the GSkill site only has the standard settings available.

Comment

The advanced settings can vary from mobo to mobo, shipset to chipset and vary with configurations i.e. as an example the tRFC generally goes up from 1 stick, through each additional stick added

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

These are then best left in "AUTO" mode then?

I do have some concern as the motherboard did not set the timings correctly (or so I think) at 7-8-7-24, it was something like 8-9-8... was the result of auto.

This is why I'm asking here, to make sure the timings are set correctly for 2 sets in tri-channel, to make sure I don't damage anything and get the best performance.

Comment

Mobos automatically try and 'sense' the best/closet settings they can to the DRAM which is pulled from a table in the BIOS, and is closet to the mobo's default boot settings which isn't always up to date and seldom has timings for high performance DRAM, normally they'll start with basic defaults from JEDEC freq/timings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Good info, but how would I find what the correct timings are for 2 sets?

Comment

The motherboard will adjust as long as you input the basic memoy settings. That's why we always stress it, that's all that's really needed + some memory controller voltage boost if filling all slots.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok, 7-8-7-24-2N and 1.6v, the rest in auto.

Comment

Working...
                  X