Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8Z68-V PRO + F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL problem

Hi,

When I use my memory's XMP profile (DDR3-1600-9-9-9-24-etc.), my screen randomly shows grey vertical lines when playing games (GTA IV, Starcraft II, Trine). The screen freezes showing only these grey lines and then it goes black. My computer restarts itself after and Windows tells me that it has recovered from a crash (bluescreen). My CPU, memory and GPU are not overclocked.

When I do not use my memory's XMP profile, everything is ok. In both cases, I manually set the memory voltage to 1.5V as the board seems to like to put it at 1.65V.

My memory sticks are installed in slot 2 and 4 like recommended.

Here are the parts of my computer :
    - Asus P8Z68-V PRO (bios v.1101 (latest))
    - i5-2500k (not overclocked)
    - XFX HD6670 (not overclocked, 12.1 preview drivers)
    - Antec TP-550 (550 W) power supply
    - G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL memory

Thank you for your help,
    Emile

First would be to check that you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      First would be to check that you have the latest BIOS
      I have the latest version (v1101) from ASUS support website.

Emile

Comment

Possible it's the DRAM, could run Memtest on each stick individually to see if either has errors. Might also consider adding a touch extra to the VCCIO voltage, up to maybe 1.14. Could also likely be the graphics drivers, might scale back to the 11.12, the Preview may be buggy. Also possible a PSU issue, might see if another works without the video issue, if not immediately available might see if one could be borrowed from friend/co-worker

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do I run memtest with XMP enabled or not???

Comment

I would yes, that way it will run with the sticks at spec

Tman

Comment

Hi,

I ran memtest86+ for 5 passes on each stick with XMP enabled and it found no problem at all.

However, 2 days ago, I turned on my computer and my graphic card's fan began to spin like crazy and there was no display. So I guess it was the gpu after all.

Don't know why I was having trouble in games only when XMP was enabled in the bios. Maybe it was just a coincidence???

Thank you for your help,
              Emile

Comment

If the Graphics card had a problem it might have been trying to access shared DRAN and not up to it due to whatever it's problem is/was. Glad you got it figured out, hope the GPU manufacturer takes care of things promptly

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X