F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL - Freeze/Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL - Freeze/Reboot

Assistance requested. I am experience freezing and reboots after about 1-10 minutes of uptime, usually closer to 1.

I have the following setup:

Memory: F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL(8Gx2)
    Timing: 9-9-9-24 / 2
    Voltage: 1.5 (have tried 1.51 and 1.55 per some suggestions on the forum)
    Motherboard: F1A75-I DELUXE, overclocking disabled
    BIOS: 0502 (latest)
    CPU: AMD A8-3850, latest chipset drivers, however problem occurred while in BIOS and Windows setup as well

Not really sure what to try next. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Lou

Sort of sounds like possibly a short or faulty component, especially if problems occur while in BIOS would check the setup of the system, i.e. make sure mobo firmly attached to case all screw points and standoffs snug, power connections 24 pin and 4/8 pin snug, sticks firmly installed, check CPU and socket for thermal compound and bent/broken pins. May even want to try a different PSU and maybe 1 stick at a time.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. I have reseated the sticks but not tried one at a time. I will do so when I get home. I had the same setup with 2 4gb gskill dimms and everything worked fine. So unless I jiggled something loose putting in the new memory, the other components should be ok.

It has a 120W PSU, would the extra ram (same number of sticks) create a larger load?

Thanks for you assistance and I will post back the results of trying the sticks one at a time.

Comment

120W or 1200W or ???? and yes the additional sticks would have a very minimal additional load

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

120W

It is a mini-itx case.

Maybe I need more juice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811108192

Comment

Yes, I don't think I've seen the 3850 tested with less than a 450...the CPU alone is rated 100 watts

Tman

Comment

New case and psu (450W) and the no difference...was really hoping that was it.

Each stick appears to work on its own in slot 0. i didn't try them in slot 1 as this is not recommended from asus. however, not sure how else to test to make sure the slot is performing correctly.

Both sticks in at the same time work for 1-3 mins then windows reboots itself.

Thanks again for all your assistance and sorry for the delay, but I really wanted to wait and send in the results with the heftier power supply.

Lou

Comment

So they are perfectly stable in slot 0? Try memtesting each stick to see if one has errors.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

What's the NB voltage, might need to be raised a bit for the 16GB

Tman

Comment

Where I am at:

I have used 2 g.skill 4GB sticks with no problem.

Using 1 8GB stick only works with no problem. Either stick.

Memtest 4.2 passes with no errors in any configuration, including both sticks in (16GB). Tested that config twice, once with command mode 1 and once with 2. No errors.

What I tried with voltages in my original post, unless you are talking about a different thing. 1.5, 1.51, 1.55.

Thanks again.

Going to reinstall Windows (again) and play with a few more voltage settings tonight.

Lou.

Comment

If still have problems, after testing, could you post your BIOS settings so we can see if anything looks wrong

Tman

Comment

Yeah, I can't figure this thing out. Here are the relatively default settings, please let me know if you see any red flag. Please see this post thread for some of the settings I tested...I tried the obvious stuff...changing the command mode from 1 to 2. Also, upping the memory voltage up to 1.57V.

Sometimes memtest bombs out just like windows but never on error or fail, just freezes or reboots like windows...when it does run, which is most of the time, the memory checks out just fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

Might try raising the VDDNB, maybe to 1.2 to start

Tman

Comment

I tried vddnb voltage at 1.2 with dram voltage at both 1.5 and 1.55 and command mode at both 1 and 2 with no change, well actually I did get a BSOD once which is new. It said something about drivers and IRQ which really didnt seem relevant & only flashed up for a sec and couldnt really digest it. I will go back and pull one stick this evening to get to the dump file to see what it said as well as play around with some more settings in bios to see if I can recreate the error. Any other settings you think I should consider altering?

Comment

Could try it a bit higher 1.25

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X