Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR Not Working on GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard

Hi,
    I recently purchased G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR to go in my Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard (with an i3 2.93 Ghz). When I tried to turn on my computer after I installed the memory, it would not go to the boot screen. Instead the motherboard lights would flash and I would hear a loud, continuous beeping sound. It would keep repeating that process until I disconnected power. I tried cleaning and regreasing my CPU and reinserting the ram (I made sure it was fully in), but it didnt help. I know it has something to do with the ram since once I put back in the old ram (a Patriot 4GB DDR3), it worked fine. Why won't the ram work? Does it have to do with the fact that the motherboard supports Intel H55 chipset and the Ram says its for Intel P55?
    Thanks!

You'll want the latest BIOS for your mobo to try these sticks, the spec on the mobo calls for a max a 1666 DRAM w/ an i3 CPU...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How would I go about updating the BIOS?

Comment

Their latest BIOS for the mobo is F7 and can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3310#bios

They have instructions on their web site and should have in the mobo manual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X