X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1600mhz 16 gb(4x3) causing crash?

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97
    Model of memory:F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
    CPU:AMD phenomII X6 at 3.8 ghz 1100t black edition(overclocked with ASUS UEFI auto tuner)

i keep getting crashes when using a large amount of the ram causes blue screen.
    I am aware that my motherboard is not on the "qualified" list but it can handle 1600mhz.
    any ideas on what i can do to stop it from crashing.
    also sometimes randomly get crash when almost no RAM usage.

Have you checked the sticky on setting up 1600 DRAM with AMD CPUs, you can find it here

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes i already looked at that. when i went in to my bios the option to change the dram to 1300 was not there, if i get you the options i have could u give me the bus frequency to go along with it?

Comment

We will try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU bus frequency 200 x 8.00 memory multiplier = DDR3-1600

Or x 6.66 = DDR3-1333

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

i think i solved the issue. it looks like my ram becomes unstable if i overclock. im gonna redo the over clock and see if it happens again and if it does, see if we can figure out a way to fix it

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X