F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL DDR3 1333 in Asus P5Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL DDR3 1333 in Asus P5Q3

I need help setting up my new Ripjaws in my Asus motherboard. I always get blue screens just a few secs after loading windows 7 64 bits, and I've read the best choice is to set manualy the timing and voltages through this forums, although I still don't know what I have to do exactly. Mi PC specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe
    New RAM: 16GB RAM: 4 modules 4Gb each: F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL DDR3 1333 MHz
    CPU: Intel Core 2 QUAD Q8200 2,33 GHz

The motherboard was recently updated to the latest BIOS. I've tried just with two modules in the orange slots (like it's said in Asus recommendations) , but a blue screen always appears ("A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"). And I've tried also with the other two modules.

In the BIOS everything is set to AUTO in the Ai Tweaker and I have no idea on how to change any of the things that appear in that menu. The auto configuration has set the Timing control to the following:

1st Information: 9-9-9-24-4-78-10-5
    2nd Information: 10-5-7-4-9-4-7
    3rd Information: 21-7-1-10-10

and DRAM Voltage standard is set to 1.5 V

Are those numbers correct? May I try first just with one module? I'm sorry I'm noob in this matters, and sorry about my English. Thanks by the way.

Alex G.
    Last edited by AlejandroG; 11-10-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Could you post your BIOS settings so we can take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank's for your helop. I'm not sure what other settings are you referring to in addition to those I've already posted...

Now I have just two modules in the orange slots of the P5Q3, and the BIOS AI Tweaker menu has everything set to Auto.

I'm being assisted through e-mail and G.Skill Support recommended me to set manually the 1st Information timing to 9-9-9-24-5-128-10-6 (But I can't set the 128, it has to be a 120 or a 130, I'm not sure if that's as problem too). And when I started edditing I've discovered the numbers in 1st information where 5-5-5-15-Auto-Auto-Auto. I think that's the real problem.

So should I put 9-9-9-24-5-130-10-6?

Comment

Hi, I have a similar set "F3-10666CL9-4GBRL". And I find 1.5v is fine. Just pay attention to the first 4 timings, leave the rest of the ram settings auto. Use 9-9-9-24, the rest auto. Then report back.
        CPU
        AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE REVC2 4cores @3600 1.447v Motherboard
        ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Pro 1.30
        Memory
        2x 4gig. G.SKILL Ripjaws 1333@1573.4
        Graphics Card
        Radeon HD 5570 1GB
        Hard Drive
        Sata1 300gig
        Sound Card
        On Board
        Power Supply
        Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D
        CPU cooling
        AC FreezerPro64 with aditional fan for push/pull
        OS
        Win 7 Ultimate x64

Comment

The timings you need to be most concerned with are the base 9-9-9-24, the DRAM voltage (up to maybe + .05 above spec as it's a 775 mobo, you'll want CR (Command Rate) at 2t (mobo may default it to 1T. The NB voltage may need to be raised if the above isn't stable, possibly in increments of + .02

pshootr :

There's a world of difference in setting up an AMD mobo and the Intel socket 775 mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post

pshootr :

There's a world of difference in setting up an AMD mobo and the Intel socket 775 mobos
            lol, sorry. Didn't pay attention enough to see his CPU
            CPU
            AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE REVC2 4cores @3600 1.447v Motherboard
            ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Pro 1.30
            Memory
            2x 4gig. G.SKILL Ripjaws 1333@1573.4
            Graphics Card
            Radeon HD 5570 1GB
            Hard Drive
            Sata1 300gig
            Sound Card
            On Board
            Power Supply
            Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D
            CPU cooling
            AC FreezerPro64 with aditional fan for push/pull
            OS
            Win 7 Ultimate x64

Comment

I've been triyng the four modules one by one, and it has to be one of them that's broken down. Thank's for the help.

Comment

If so, and they are new, check w/ your re/e-tailer for exchange, else would want to contact rma@gskillusa.com or (world) rma@gskill.com

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X