• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP problem with F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD and ASRock P67 Extreme 6

Model of the motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 6, latest BIOS
    Model of the memory: F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD
    Model of the CPU: Intel i5 2500K

I can't get my system to POST when I load the XMP profile for the memory. It will post at 1600, but according to the product page http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=370 my motherboard is qualified and I should be able to run the memory at 2133.

Here is what I have tried:
    • Change memory slots
    • Reset BIOS settings to default, then loading XMP profile
    • Exchanged motherboard (due to sata issue), so I know it's most likely not a motherboard hardware issue since this issue was the same on both of them

Here are some images to show current settings for my system:

Any ideas for what I can do?

Check that you have the latest BIOS, 1.80 (can be found here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...xtreme6&o=BIOS

then should be, enable XMP and select the desired profile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Check that you have the latest BIOS, 1.80 (can be found here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...xtreme6&o=BIOS

then should be, enable XMP and select the desired profile
      Hi Tradesman,

I am on the latest BIOS for my motherboard, which is 1.80. Unfortunately that doesn't help the situation.

Edit: I also found this post where the person has a very similar setup to me and had the same issue http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=8260
      Last edited by dvgrhl; 10-15-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Could run stick individually under Memtest to see if you have a bad stick, could also add an OC to the system, say 4 GHz and then try the XMP or load the base timings manually, 2133 is an OC speed which requires the sys to be OCed, though if XMP is programmed correctly in the BIOS it should make the changes for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Could run stick individually under Memtest to see if you have a bad stick, could also add an OC to the system, say 4 GHz and then try the XMP or load the base timings manually, 2133 is an OC speed which requires the sys to be OCed, though if XMP is programmed correctly in the BIOS it should make the changes for you
          I should mention I have tried each stick individually with the XMP profile and both wouldn't POST. My system is running at 4.4 GHz, though I did try this way and without any overclocking.

It could be that I need to set the settings manually rather than try XMP, I just don't know enough about what I should be doing to test it out myself.

Comment

Can try resetting the CMOS via the mobo jumper, and try booting, the sticks should default to the mobo default

Tman

Comment

Can try resetting the CMOS via the mobo jumper, and try booting, the sticks should default to the mobo default
              The sticks do boot at default, which is 1333MHz. I am running them now at 1600MHz just fine. It's only when I try to load the XMP profile which puts them at 2133MHz that the system won't POST.

Comment

If they test out OK with Memtest, I'd guess it's a motherboard or possible a CPU problem, could see if you could try a different PSU, possibly pull the CPU and make sure no thermal compound is on bottom of CPU, or in the socket, check for bent pins, or see if you can try a different set of sticks, if you have, or can borrow some.

Tman

Comment

Try raising VCCIO and VCCSA voltage a tad to see if that helps.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X