Manual Settings 16GB F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM + GA-P67A-UD3-B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Settings 16GB F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM + GA-P67A-UD3-B3

I purchased 2 F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM kits for a total of 16 GB(4 x 4GB) of RAM and have been experiencing random freezes under a heavy/idle load I suspect the RAM requires manual settings.

I did a bit of research and found that XMP would not be stable as I am not using a 16GB kit but rather 2 8GB kits. Both of the kits I purchased are identical and I am wondering what manual settings I can put into the BIOS so that my system is stable.

Also, when i set the ram to frequency in BIOS to 16.00(16.00 x 100BLCK = 1600 MHz) it overclocks my i7 2600K from stock 3.4GHz to 3.8GHz and wanted to be sure that this was normal when setting manual/XMP settings for RAM.

Build:
    Motherboard: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 F5 Bios(latest)
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 6870
    CPU: i7 2600K @ 3.8 GHz(OC'd from increasing ram to stock settings)
    PSU: Corsair TX850W
    RAM: 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM @ 1600MHz 8-8-8-24-2N
    HD: 90GB OCZ vertex II firmware 1.33(latest) + 1TB WD Cav Black HDD
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with all updates from Windows Update

What I have done to troubleshoot:
    I have tested my RAM for stability issues with Memtest both individually and all at once for 10 full passes each with all sticks passing.

I have reseated the CPU aswell as checked for bent pins in the socket, no bent pins were found.

I have scanned my computer with malwarebytes, superantispyware, avast antivirus, avira rescue cd, and spybot search and destroy. These scans were done in both normal and safe mode and all turned up clean.

I have reseated my RAM to insure there wasn't a stick out of place.

I have disable/enabled/auto EIST,C3, C6, C1E states in bios.

Thank you in advance for any help or addition troubleshooting suggestions.

Sorry if left out any potentially useful information, please feel free to ask for any additional information that could be of possible use.

With two of the sets you can try raising the DRAM and/or VCCIO voltage a tad, maybe up to + .05 on either/both....could also try running at 1333 8-8-8-24 with 1.5 and 2T (possibly 1T)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The ram is still unstable with a slight increase in voltage. Though I would like to report that it runs fine at 1333 8-8-8-24-1T. Should I increase the voltage more to try to get a stable 1600?

Comment

You can give that a try, also check that if you try it the CR is at 2T when trying 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure each kit is installed in the same colored slots.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X