Clear All

• Reboots, recommended settings for 12800-CL9-8GBXL on z68x-ud3h-b3

I have:
    Gigabyte Z68x-ud3h-b3
    4x4gb two [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL9Q-8GBXL
    i5-2500k
    700W PS
    temperature is usually 28-40C on the CPU

I had everything on auto and was able to boot a DVD and install OS, but I now get constant reboots when it finishes POST and starts to load OS.

I read the forums and tried BIOS all auto except I enabled XMP. Same problem. I updated the BIOS to the newest version and tried stock BIOS and then again with just XMP enabled, still get reboots after loading OS starts. I never see the OS load though.

Are there recommended settings to get it to run?
    Last edited by lwh; 09-13-2011, 03:00 PM.

I tried 1333 , manually entering 9-9-9-24 in timing still reboots.

Comment

Sounds like it may be a corrupt OS, could try running memtest on each stick to make they are good, could also rest CPU, check for clear socket, no bent pins, no thermal compound on bottom of CPU, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

gskill

CPU has no pins, it's brand new with a stock cooler no problems during install.

I have no OS yet - trying to install one. For some reason every time I boot memtest86 as soon as I hit test the machine freezes. When it loads it only fills in half the tech specs so maybe the version I have doesn't support this CPU or chipset.

Despite that, now with XMP chosen and manually setting timing, and speed to 1333 I've been able to boot a DVD and install an OS. I've been copying old files for hours and it hasn't crashed.

Is it safe to run the i5-2500k at 1600mhz+XMP ? It was auto picking 1600 11-11-11-28 and 1.5V .
        Last edited by lwh; 09-14-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

What do you actually have RAM wise, you show

4x4gb two [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL9Q-8GBXL

though 4x4GB would be 16GB yet the model number shown is for a 4x2GB set which would be 8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Two of that kit, 16GB total. I tried with each set separately, got the same thing. I think it might be the motherboard just wants to reboot really bad if there is no boot disk. Since I installed an OS it hasn't rebooted during that phase yet.

Comment

With two of the sets, may try stock timings, CR at 2T, and raise the DRAM and VCCIO voltage a little at a time and see if that gets anywhere.....have you run MEMTEST on each stick individually

Tman

Comment

Thanks, how much increase in voltage?

Comment

Start with maybe + .06 with either and if needed take it up in smaller increments

Tman

Comment

If each kit has the same problem with XMP enabled, it may be a motherboard problem. Do you have the latest BIOS? Hard reset the BIOS, then try again. If problem persists, try borrowing some other DDR3 memory to try.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X