• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help> P5Q3 deluxe,Q6600, F3-12800CL9D-8GBXLx2 -- or x4

Hello all, I hope someone can help.

P5Q3 deluxe
    Q6600
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBXLx2 -- or x4

The mboard can post with the memory set at 1333 or 1335, but not the 1600 that the memory is rated at. I have also been able to use 2x4gb sticks (8gb total) at 1600, but not 4 4gb sticks (16gb). I've tried increasing voltages and playing with many of the suggestions for these boards in other threads with no luck. Here's what i'm running right now:

https://picasaweb.google.com/dustine...eat=directlink

I'd like to get all 4 sticks running at 1600. Is it possible?

Thank you

Do you have the latest BIOS? What kind of OC is on the 6600 (what's your FSB?)? Might set FSB to 1333 (which is an OC to 3GHz), set DRAM to 1333, CR 2T, 8-8-8-22, 1.55, and raise NB Voltage + .14, see how that goes and can work from there.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

reply to tradesman

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have the latest 2105, BIOS.

the q6600 is running at 3.0 when fsb is @ 1333 333x9. I put it there as that's as high as it goes at that fsb. its seems stable.

I have set FSB to 1333 (which is an OC to 3GHz), set DRAM to 1333, CR 2T, 8-8-8-24, so i will try with 22, but i am hoping to get the mem to run at 1600.

I've tried auto for all, of course and that sets mem and fsb at 1066.

If you check a thread you were helping earlier for Wingo< i was watching that thread, but i think there was never a resolution, so i started this thread. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Comment

You need to overclock your CPU FSB to 400 (1600MHz) and make sure it is stable. That is the only way to stabilize DDR3-1600.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

stable but not at spec

Hello thanks for the response.

to Gskill tech and trades>
          It runs stable with a 400 FSB and 400 strap and i can have the processor at 2.4, 2.8, 3.2, and even 3.6 *though not completely stable at that last spec (stock cooling)

Nonetheless I have to leave the mem at 1200 or lower. If i put it up to 1600, there is no post. Just like that. I've tried this with many variations on voltage and cpu speed as well.

I feel like I'm running out of options, i don't necessarily want to overclock i just want a stable machine to do my video editing on. So trades CLk timings do work, but why can't i get spec?

I might be mistaken, but i thought this configuration is listed on the Gskill site.

Best,
          Q

Comment

Did you try one module or always four modules installed? With four modules, you may need to raise NB Voltage. To test and see if the frequency is stable, test one module at a time, and that will make sure the NB is not stressed.

You have a Q6600, so 266 to 400, that's ~50% overclock, so it may take some tweaking.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X