Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about settings F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

Hey people,

I bought this set F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL a few days ago together with a ASRock P67 Extreme4 and an I7 2600k cpu.

Everything works, but I want to get the max out of it and would like to know what the rated timings and voltage are for the modules.

There are some variations that i read about the timings and voltages.
    On the products page of the G.Skill site there you see these modules rated as 9-9-9-24 2T at 1.6v.
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=362

The XMP profile however is 9-10-9-28 at 1.5v. That I can see in the SPD.
    The store where i bought this set agrees with the XMP profile settings.

So what is the official rated timings for these modules and voltage.

At this moment i am trying out different settings and i must say i love these modules already.
    I am running them at 11-12-11-34 2T @ 2133 1.6v, they seem to be holding up pretty good. Memtest has not given any errors over 6 passes.
    But still I'd like to know the official rated timings so i know for sure what the baseline is so i can work my way upwards properly.

On a side note, I tried them at 9-9-9-24 2T at 1866 and my pc didnt want to even boot.
    This could have been due to too low VTT, wich was set at default. (1v)
    Tho I am not sure.

But anyway, I hope you can understand my gibberish-ish english writing and will be able to give me advice regarding the official rated timings.

Kind regards,

Well, you already listed them, and they are on the modules as well.

DDR3-1866 9-10-9-28 1.50V

For DDR3-2133, 10-11-10-28 1.60V should be capable, and 9-11-10-28 or something even better should be capable.

Keep in mind, with these chips, the second number plays the greatest role in max frequency. So once you find that timing and frequency you want, then you can lower the other timings and tune voltage to achieve the best performance.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X