Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on MSI 870A-G55

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G55
    Memory: F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (two 8-gig kits -- 4 modules in total)
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

I built this system in mid-march and have not had any problems until recently. My computer hangs and then restarts, at which point the POST hangs with the error "a hyper transport sync flood error occurred at last boot". I ran Memtest86 on each module individually in each slot on the motherboard and every module errored in every slot.

It seems highly unlikely that a system, which passed memtest when first assembled, would suddenly see all 4 memory modules fail at once. Some research into the specific error message indicates that the timing/voltage information in the BIOS might be off, but I do not know which settings to adjust nor do I know what to change them to. All BIOS settings are currently in their default state (Auto).

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by bananaman; 07-26-2011, 02:19 PM. Reason: specified amount of memory

It's advisable to manually enter your memory timings & voltage in the bios with an AMD platform.

A quick google serach can explain each timing that needs to be tweaked in the bios, this is how I learned.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

With only one stick installed, I manually set it to 9-9-9-24-T2 and 1.5 volts. Memtest errored out again. However, this thread seems to describe the exact problem I'm experiencing in Memtest. When I get a chance to later today, I will try running Prime95 and see what comes up.

I am still unsure what a "hyper transport sync flood error" is, though. Have you ever heard of or encountered it?

Comment

I ran Prime95 for 7 hours with no errors and no warnings. However, I am still failing both Memtest86 and Memtest86+. Why might this be?

Comment

Might be the version of memtest and also on occasion Memtest just goes off with some of the AMD setups, it's originally and primarily aimed at Intel systems (i.e. that's where the 86 comes from).......sometimes raising DRAM voltage a bit say .02 to .04 can help clear that up and it's safe with the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If the system is Prime95 stable, just continue using it and see if any other problems arise.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the latest BIOS revision, yes, and additional running of Prime95 has not uncovered any errors. I feel odd running with a setup which fails Memtest, but when it doesn't fail other tests I guess I shall assume that Memtest is the one in error here. One other question: because I have all 4 dimm slots populated, should I adjust my NB voltage at all, or is that something which is only done in response to system instability?
              Last edited by bananaman; 08-08-2011, 04:58 PM. Reason: a new question

Comment

If it's stable, I'd leave it as is, if need be can raise CPU/NB a little ( +.03 or so)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If the system is Prime95 stable for 30+ minutes, you shouldn't need to worry about it. Your system will rarely be used as tough as Prime95, so if it is stable for that long, it should be stable under any other condition.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X