Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mix F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK & F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI 12GB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK & F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI 12GB?

I have an Asus P6T Deluxe i920 running 4.0Ghz with 6GB using F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK with the XMP profile #1 8-8-8-12 1.60v. I'm wanting to upgrade to 12GB and wonder if F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI will work okay in the last 3 slots? The votage and timing are the same, but they are 1/2 the price. ASUS does not list F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI in the Qualified Vendor List. So what's the difference and will they work?

I forgot the 'U' in the name. The memory is F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI.

Comment

You sure can mix those two models as long as they are workiing on their own channel. BUT, you probably not able to reach DDR3 1600. probably ok to run ~DDR3 1400-1500

Comment

If I run 2 sets of F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK will I be able to run in XMP mode at 1600MHz with 12GBs?

Comment

not able to guarantee that because when you fill both channels, memory controller stress more and will reduce the memory signal.

Comment

P6T has three channelsnot two, hence tri-channel.
            This motherboard has come up a number of times in these forums Zaniix, Dajupe, Farcough, ExMachinery. It would be nice if GSkill would test the configurations that users ask about. There are plenty of people out there running 12GB on the P6T, mostly OCZ, Corsair, Patriot,.....

Gskill keeps saying it's a memory controller problem in these forums, yet people are doing this (running 12GB elsewhere with other brands of RAM) every day. I've asked before for technical data references as to this 'weak' MC, yet never get an answer. SAme with other chipsets that have the MC, the blame always goes to something else, yet they never document these claims.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

you may try to set them to DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 to see if it works
              we can't guarantee if any two set of DDR3 1600 could run together at DDR3 1600
              we only guarantee for 3 dimms in triple channel, not 6 dimms
              thanks

G.S

Comment

This issue has come up a number of times in this forum with the P6T and people wanting to run 12GB, best bet is with the 12GB OCZ or Corsair sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X