No announcement yet.

Integrated graphics problem on ASRock Z68 Pro3 with GSkill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated graphics problem on ASRock Z68 Pro3 with GSkill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

Hi,

I have just finished building the system a couple of days ago, and have run into a problem with the integrated graphics. I am trying to isolate the cause of the problem, so I figured I'd make sure the RAM wasn't the problem. I hope you guys can help me!

I've got the following configuration:
    • ASRock Z68 Pro3 Mobo
    • G.Skill X Series F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM RAM
    • Intel Core i5 2500K
    • Corsair 600W PSU
    • Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD

I've installed the drivers for all the hardware, and the BIOS is updated to 1.4. I've run memtest, and all the tests were passed. Windows is updated with all the latest updates on a clean boot. The CPU and Mobo temperatures are normal (40 deg. celcius and 31 deg. celcius).

The problem I'm facing is that on certain occasions the system will completely freeze, and the only way to recover is to cold-reboot the system. Sometimes the system does recover and I get the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

My voltages are as shown in this screenshot:

Can you please advice if there's anything I need to change in the BIOS settings for the RAM? Is there any way to ensure that the RAM isn't the problem?

Thanks!
    Last edited by armoredwrath; 07-02-2011, 01:07 AM. Reason: formatting

Is there a reason the CPU speed is so slow, the 2500K defaults to 33 for ratio and the vCore should prob be about 1.2-1.22 or so at x33, since the Integrated graphics GPU is actually in the CPU you may just be running to slow with the CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Is there a reason the CPU speed is so slow, the 2500K defaults to 33 for ratio and the vCore should prob be about 1.2-1.22 or so at x33, since the Integrated graphics GPU is actually in the CPU you may just be running to slow with the CPU
      Hi,

I actually don't know anything about voltages/ratios, etc. Do you think that the values need to be adjusted in the BIOS?

Comment

BTW, the RAM is supposed to have a CAS latency of 8-8-8-24 2N, and here're the current CPUID RAM settings:

EDIT: Whoops! I was looking at the wrong product page! Corrected the info.
        Last edited by armoredwrath; 07-02-2011, 10:25 AM. Reason: Corrected wrong info

Comment

For the 2500K you'll want to go into the BIOS and make sure the multiplier is at 33, CPU Voltage (vCore) around 1.22 (+/- .04), enable XMP, and then set the speed/frequency of the DRAM to the 800 or 1600 setting (not sure if your BIOS will show it as single (800) or dual (1600), that should set your sticks to 1600, at 9-9-9-24 with the CR at 2T and DRAM voltage in the 1.5 to 1.55 area

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

For the 2500K you'll want to go into the BIOS and make sure the multiplier is at 33, CPU Voltage (vCore) around 1.22 (+/- .04), enable XMP, and then set the speed/frequency of the DRAM to the 800 or 1600 setting (not sure if your BIOS will show it as single (800) or dual (1600), that should set your sticks to 1600, at 9-9-9-24 with the CR at 2T and DRAM voltage in the 1.5 to 1.55 area
            Whoops! I linked to the wrong product page! It should be http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=356 with a CAS latency of 8-8-8-24 2N!

Comment

do same using the timings you show for the Med Ripjaws - the 8-8-8-24

Tman

Comment

do same using the timings you show for the Med Ripjaws - the 8-8-8-24
                I've made the change, and CPU-Z confirms that the changes have taken effect but the graphics problems still remain Any other suggestions?

Comment

Sounds like the sticks are Okay, have you checked for the latest graphics driver? or contacted Intel, read somewhere they have had some 2500Ks with bad GPUs

Tman

Comment

Sounds like the sticks are Okay, have you checked for the latest graphics driver? or contacted Intel, read somewhere they have had some 2500Ks with bad GPUs
                    You are right - this seems to be a common issue with the HD3000 on the ASRock Z68 on Win 7 64 : http://communities.intel.com/thread/21383?tstart=0

I've gotten in contact with ASRock and have asked them to advice me on what to do. If they can't resolve the issue in a couple of days, I'll ask for an RMA and get an ASUS or other motherboard.

Comment

Hopefully they are working to resolve the issue through a BIOS upgrade, not sure if they work weekends (don't think so) so it may be mid/late Mon before you hear back.....Good Luck and keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Hopefully they are working to resolve the issue through a BIOS upgrade, not sure if they work weekends (don't think so) so it may be mid/late Mon before you hear back.....Good Luck and keep us informed
                        Intel said it might be related to another bug they're releasing a fix for "in the next few weeks". ASRock support hasn't replied to my email yet. Somehow I doubt that they'll release any quicker than Intel

Will keep you guys updated once I hear from them.

Comment

Appreciate the info, hopefully ASRock may have something or Intel can provide more.

Tman

Comment

OK, turns out the problem is an inherent problem with the ASRock Z68 Pro 3. Numerous people have this same problem, as seen here: http://communities.intel.com/thread/21383?tstart=0

I'm returning my ASRock motherboard due to the crappy level of customer support I've received from them. I believe this issue is limited to the ASRock Z68 Pro 3, so I am getting an ASUS Z68 motherboard instead. I'll update this thread if I face the same problem with the Asus mobo (hope not!).

Comment

Wouldn't think so, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X