Clear All

• F3-12800CL7T2-24GBRMD and P6X58D Premium BSODs

Model of the motherboard:
    ASUS P6X58D Premium, 1301 BIOS

Model of the memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws 24GB F3-12800CL7T2-24GBRMD

Model of the CPU:
    Intel Core i7-980X @ 4.14 GHz (133x31)

Problem: BSODs started yesterday, now can't run more than a few minutes without one. Message is different every time. Bought new from newegg 3 weeks ago. I'm using the XMP profile (1600MHz, 7-8-7-24, 1.6v), and it had been running perfectly until yesterday. Memtest86+ ran overnight for about 12 hours with no problem. But Windows 7 Memory Diagnostic failed, said there is a hardware problem, and then hung.

I put back in my old 12GB Corsair 1600MHz 1.65v kit, and the Windows 7 Memory Diagnostic passed fine. No more BSODs. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeff

Could try the 24 GB set with 1.65, but could you post your voltages (Cpu (vCore) QPI/VTT etc)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU vCore is 1.31875
      QPI/DRAM voltage is 1.2125
      DRAM Bus voltage is 1.6, as I mentioned
      Everything else is set to Auto.

So I already filed for an RMA with Newegg, but I have 7 days to ship it, and I'm debating it... It just seems crazy that it would work perfectly for three weeks of heavy use, sometimes around the clock, then suddenly boom the machine is unusable, and blue screens while idle.
      Last edited by flatsix_dc; 06-20-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Actually sounds like Windows may have gotten corrupt or a bad driver/OS setting...on the sticks - could try running memtest on each individually to see if you have one that's gone bad.....could try reseating the sticks...try using them in a different computer...mmight try raising QPI/RAM to 1.25

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Test three modules, or one module at a time to isolate them and see if there is a bad module.

With all modules inserted, it is difficult (lack of a better word) for memory tests to find errors.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X